Parliament House Hotel
US$193
US$384
US$246
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$849
US$680
1,112 results
All reviewscalton hillgreat locationprinces streetwaverley stationwaterloo placeshower screenno liftlovely hotelfull scottishwould stay here againmini bartop floorreception areaquiet streetroyal milesmall hotelhaggis
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight for the second time in a year. Usually quite critical of hotels but are struggling to find anything bad to say about this place. It's a great location, lovely building, fab breakfast and staff very nice. If pushed the only thing I would say is there is no bar, however they do sell drinks to have in your room. Definitely a good find.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night - good location near to Waverley Station and Princes Street! On arrival we ended up at the bottom of Calton Hill so a mega, cobbled climb to the hotel followed - once we got our bearings we realised there is a much easier way via Waterloo Road! Surly reception staff who seemed surprised to have visitors directed us to our room - which was up two flights of stairs, along a corridor and then DOWN two flights of steep, spiral stairs - not for the faint-hearted as there is no lift! Room was nice although felt a bit like a dungeon as the tiny window let in very little light - could be claustrophobic especially if it was particularly warm outside! Nice bathroom, nice furnishings plus lovely breakfast - breakfast staff could teach reception staff a thing or two about customer service - the lady when we checked out was as surly as her colleague at check in. Would go again because of the location but would ask for a room that didn't require mountaineering!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

after staying in the hotel in august 2013 for two nights we would recommend this hotel to anybody ! we did have a slight problem but the manageress bent over backwards to help us ! exellant staff , lovely clean rooms, we booked three rooms this year and are so impressed we,ve booked six rooms for next year ! ps you,ll love the lift !

Room Tip: all rooms are exellant !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank thediscobkid
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have been throughout Europe and lodged in assorted rooms. For the most part, the rooms are small, the beds somewhat comfortable and the decor a bit on the drab side. But, this never became an issue when I factored into the equation the amount of time I spent in the room.

And then I stood at the Parliament House Hotel and it changed my perception of what a hotel should be like forever.

The rooms are soothingly decorated in style and taste. Nothing extravagant, mind you, but also they were cheery. What's more, the furniture was comfortable. The bed in my room was enormous! And that little stuffed dog on the chair? It made me smile then and now as I think about it.

The services the Parliament House provided were phenominal. The staff was gracious, well informed and more than willing to take on any request at a moments notice.

A highlight is the small, neatly tucked away, restaurant on the lowest floor. Warm and inviting, it was a quiet respite after a days shopping and sight seeing (did I mention that Princes Street was virtually a few minutes walk from the Parlimanet House?). I had the haggis and salmon and although not experienced enough to critique the food, they were certainly tasty. But, more important, was the service and friendly attitude of the wait staff. Bravo!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here for one night with my daughter as we were going to the Playhouse Theatre to see a show. Firstly I would say not to even think about this Hotel if you are not fit enough to walk up the very steep hill to the Hotel. There is steps which you can use but they are just as bad. When you get to the Hotel, depending where your room is, there is no lift. Our room was clean and nice, but I would've thought for the price we paid they could've had put out some scottish shortbread to go with our wee cuppa. We found our bed a bit lumpy and not very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice and there was plenty to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family