We have just come back from a long weekend at The Parliament House Hotel. Bearing in mind that we have booked in the low season the room rate was very good. The location is good ie at the Carlton Hill end of town about a 10 minute walk to the middle of Princes Street - 20 mins to the Grassmarket. The room was a reasonable size and looked like it had been refurbished within the last couple of years - we were on the ground floor so did not have to use lift or stairs. The decor in the rooms was a bit corporate but comfortable. We were on the street side of the hotel but it was quiet (although this may have been because it was also snowy and cars could not use easily) - the hotel in on a side street and so does not have a lot of traffic going past. There is a steep hill up to the hotel but this can be avoided by walking up Waterloo Place (follows on from Princess Street) and turning left into the road from the top. The staff were very friendly providing maps etc and responded well to any queries. The breakfast is good - it was included in our room rate - there is continental which is cereals, chese and meat plate, lots of fruit (ie soft fruit and yoghurt) and then toast tea etc. Also there is full Scottish which is porridge, bacon sausages, potato scone, tomatoes, mushrooms etc , a vegetarian version or smoked haddock with poached egg or kippers. The food was very nice although a bit slow coming out of the kitchen sometimes but hey you are on holiday ! There is a reception area which also serves as a bar area with fires and comfy seats which was wlecoming, there is also a restaurant called MP's (which is where breakfast was served) - we did not try this as too many other choices in Edinburgh. Hotel has free wifi which I used and which I found was fine. Overall found the hotel very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian town house in city center; guest rooms have been tastefully furnished in keeping with the character of the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Parliament House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parliament Hotel Edinburgh
- Parliament House Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland