“Location is great”

Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile
Ranked #59 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This motel was in a great location close to everything you would want to see in Edinburg . The staff vere excellen, good security and lifts. Our only concern was we stayed in a twin room and the beds were smaller than the average single bed. However they were very comfortable beds. I think I would stay there for the convienience of the location just a short walk from Waverley station.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GeneralManagerIbis, Assistant Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about our single beds.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Ibis Royal Mile is a good hotel to stay with friendly helpful reception staff - in fact very helpful with all tourist information and more. The hotel location is perfect, you can walk to the Edinburgh Castle, walk the royal mile and walk to Greyfriar. 20 min bus ride to the Royal Yacht Britannia very worthwhile. Lots to explore close by. The hotel is clean and quiet. We didn't eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the cafe.

1  Thank Carri_10

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Hotel is just off the Royal Mile so ideally placed for exploring Edinburgh. Rooms were clean, staff friendly and helpful. Only thing I can't vouch for is the breakfast as never surfaced in time for it! Could not ask for more in a budget hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was very very disappointed with my stay at the above hotel. I was only in town for 2 nights and decided to stay here due to the great location, reasonable price and having stayed at ibis's before knew what to expect. However it was not what I expected. BOTH mornings at 730AM there were fire alarms and the whole hotel was evacuated but the procedure was very unprofessionally handled. There was no explanation or reassurance as to why we were all standing in our pyjamas on the street and no apology. Staff just stood around waiting for fire services to arrive while some guests wandered in to sit down and didn't engage us. When I was eventually allowed back to my room housekeeping began hoovering right outside the door and on the floor above which disturbed me even more. You can hear lots of noise from passing guests as well as guests in the next room - TOO noisy. I was tired and very annoyed and the service at the hotel ruined my trip to Edinburgh. Upon checking out I raised these points to the reception manager however she only told me WHY the alarms went off (2 different reasons, set off by guests but at the exact same time both days - coincidence??) She didn't offer any form of compensation or apology. I have since read online that this thing has happened before in the hotel and I can't help but wonder why nothing has been done about it? Previous guests have also received part-refund as well after suffering the same problems but I was offered nothing?? Overall very disappointed, will not be staying with ibis again and urge people not to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank IslaLou92
GeneralManagerIbis, Assistant Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Please note that the security and safety of our guests is always paramount and in the event of a fire alarm we are obliged to ensure the alarm is sounded to alert the guests to evacuate the hotel.

This is the normal procedure regardless the time of the day or night and the meeting point is at the square in front of the hotel.

Should you like to discuss this further, please contact the General Manager on 0131 240 7000.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The location of this hotel is super for visitors to Edinburgh. It is easily accessible from Waverley station, and staff will happily look after luggage for a modest fee of £2 per bag. The rooms are very spacious and clean, with large shower rooms attached. Windows can be opened or closed, and the blinds ensure that as little or as much light can be let into the rooms. Our room looked out over the square, and although many people went by, and there were several pubs around, we were not disturbed by any noise. The "eat as much as you like" breakfast was true to its word - there is a massive choice of both hot and cold, including fresh fruit and juice, continental and English. All the staff are helpful and friendly, and we were most impressed by the way the hotel let us know about local coach day tours around the highlands, which we then booked in advance. A super and relaxing break - thank you, Ibis!

Room Tip: All rooms are well appointed and have excellent sound proofing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerIbis, Assistant Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My girl friend and I stayed for two nights. We arrived early (8:30am) on our check in day as we had travelled up by the sleeper. The receptionist was extremely helpful which made a good start to the day. Our room was a very good size, well prepared and had all the facilities we required, the bed being exceptionally comfortable. The breakfasts were well prepared with plenty of choice.
We like the idea of a “no frills” hotel where you pay for any extras you require because we were using it as a base. The £2 left luggage charge seemed very reasonably to us considering the day before we had paid £9 per item at Euston station.
The hotel had sent us a couple of mails before we arrived with useful information in particular the one day coach trip of the highlands by Rabbie’s Trail Burners which is well worth doing.

Dear Guest,
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.