“Fantastic location at a reasonable price!”

Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile
Ranked #62 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We booked here for 2 nights for the price if I'm honest and I have to say it does exactly what it says! Reception/check-in very efficient and a nice space if your waiting/meeting people. The rooms are basic and not very big but I have to say they are immaculate! As we were only ever using the room to get changed in & sleep in, they were ideal.

Location wise, this hotel, for the cost, cannot be faulted. Its on the Royal Mile and a 5-10 minute walk to Princess Street. The Castle is also a short walk away. Edinburgh is a fabulous city anyway but our stay was made even more enjoyable by being so close to the all of the attractions. We would definitely check availability in this hoer first when we return here.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank joannet3
GeneralManagerIbis, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Ms. Joannet,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I'm happy we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis Royal Mile in Edinburgh again very soon.

Kind Regards,
Majdi Orifij

Write a ReviewReviews (2,273)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just completed a 3 night stay at this hotel and it couldnt have been more centrally placed! Our room was nice and quiet and was cleaned everyday to a high standard. After reading some of the reviews on here i worried it was going to be noisy but we stayed wednesday to saturday and had no problems!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraP1989
GeneralManagerIbis, Assistant Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay in Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while exploring Edinburgh. The hotel is just off the Royal Mile and yet so quiet! The buffet breakfast was superb and staff so very friendly. Would certainly stay here again. Only very slight niggle is charging £2 for storing a bag of luggage, I've never had to pay before, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lucinda81
GeneralManagerIbis, Assistant Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in Ibis Edinburgh Royal Mile. It is always nice to receive positive feedback and I will be sharing it with my team.
I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Wasn't thrilled at thought of staying in a chain hotel BUT very personal service from the most delightful staff you could find. Everything you could need, comfortable and clean and modern. And couldn't be more central, absolutely perfectly placed. And right next door in Daft Jamies - best food in Edinburgh, have just had the best break. Thoroughly recommend - will be coming back.

Room Tip: nothing to add - I presume they are all of the same standard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue h
GeneralManagerIbis, Assistant Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

lovely hotel, so central staff all really helpful and friendly, very clean, nice bar area, location you couldn't ask for better, walked into old town and glass market
I would recommend this hotel and would stay again

Room Tip: we had disabled room although not disabled!!! would of liked one at front of hotel but were at the b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerIbis, Assistant Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and for your nice comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I wouldn't wish to stay here for any length of time, but this is great if you want to see the Old Town sights of Edinburgh, or, like us, want somewhere to stay after a concert.
We booked three rooms, which varied in size considerably even though they were all the same price.

Only bad thing was charging £2 for any bags left after leaving hotel. This seems very penny pinching and left a bad taste just as you were leaving.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be very noisy (presumably mainly at weekend) - try to get ones at the back un...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve D

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have taken note of your comments regarding the charge for left luggage.
I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Brilliant location, very friendly staff. Lovely hotel, Very clean and tidy.But we were in room 102. It's right over the main entrance. So only about 12 feet above street level so very noisy. We will stay again but ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick W

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sending your comments about your stay in Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your feedback with my team.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon.