I booked this property based on location and with city busy with the Edinburgh festival, there were not many options for a reasonable rate.
The location is very good, if your looking for a hotel in the middle of everything, then I would recommend this property, however there were a few things which let us down.
When we arrived, I gave my credit card for incidentals (hotel was pre paid from a Booking.com) I didn't notice though the receptionist didn't take my card details at the time. I needed to make a phone call though found the line was blocked for outside calls and needed to go back to reception to give my card and unlock line. We were in a hurry so this was not convenient and should have been informed of this during check in process.
There is no safe, no fridge, no iron in the room, yes it's considered a budget hotel so really is the bare minimum.
On our departure day, we checked out and needed to leave our bags for a couple of hours and was told there would be a £2 charge per bag for holding the luggage, this really to me was a little petty particularly as it's only being held in a room so don't see the warrant for this charge.
As the hotel faces hunter square, it was also fairly noisy at night due to the area really being almost a 24 hour happening place, we did get awoken many times from noise of the streets.
Overall it was perhaps a little disappointing though if your not planning to spend much time in the room and enjoy the city then these things may not be a concern. I would recommend this hotel purely for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile hotel is located in the old town,just off the Royal Mile, Princess Street and its numerous restaurants are all within walking distance. 5 min from Waverley railway station and 12 km from the airport, the hotel has 99 rooms, including 6 adapted for disabled guests. It has a bar serving snacks 24/24 and Wifi Internet access for guests on a business trip. Public parking is 10 min on foot from the hotel, with reductions for clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Lastminute, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile Scotland