We arrived in Edinburgh at 9am on Thursday the 19th of March. We stayed for two nights. I had booked this hotel since last November and had sent a few e-mails to explain that we would be there early in the morning and had requested an early check in, this was not the case. I was rudely told that we could not check in until 12noon.Then I was told that we could leave our bags, I asked where the luggage room was. I was told that they didn’t have one and we could leave our bags at reception....!!! The Hotel was like a building site, they were in the middle of renovating and again was not informed of this.
We went to find our way around Edinburgh, when we arrived back after 12noon to check in our bags were gone. I was told they had been moved up to a room on the 1st floor.
Checking in was ok. We went and got our bags and went to our rooms. Very basic rooms the beds were something you would lay down on at a beach resort. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and the towels were filthy dirty with make up from the last person that was staying in the room, it was clear to see that the room had not been clean.
The sheets on the bed look as if the were washed with yellow stained water.
We were rudely awoken with the noise of work men at 8am in the morning complained to reception and was offered to be move to the next floor our a 10% discount on all rooms, which was 5 rooms. Did not except.
Spoke with the group that i was with, they were not happy with the offer. My mother, myself and the girl that I was sharing with went to reception, the hotel manager offered to move us to a hotel that was 20minutes away, this was not good enough because we were central to mainly everything, I complained about the state of the room. The manager then offered us a 50% discount on both nights on all of the rooms. We accepted this offer as I was getting extremely annoyed with the experience of the hotel. Edinburgh is a lovely city and would return again but certainly not to stay in this hotel.
Did not have a pleasant stay in this hotel staff during the day were not at all nice, night time staff were very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile hotel is located in the old town,just off the Royal Mile, Princess Street and its numerous restaurants are all within walking distance. 5 min from Waverley railway station and 12 km from the airport, the hotel has 99 rooms, including 6 adapted for disabled guests. It has a bar serving snacks 24/24 and Wifi Internet access for guests on a business trip. Public parking is 10 min on foot from the hotel, with reductions for clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile Scotland