I visited Edinburgh in October 2009. We stayed at the Hotel Ibis in Edinburgh. This was abit of a walk from train station, however once we got there it was worth it. Room was excellent- plenty of space, Good shower facilities and regular housekeeping. The only disadvantages to the room were the bed was two mattresses pushed together and they kept hanging over the bed and the noise from the street outside the room. We were facing the main street, which had several bars near (One next door and one near enough across the street) so sleeping was difficult due to noise levels.
Staff were friendly in general, Bar facilities good. Unable to comment on food as got breakfast out. Edinburgh on the whole a brilliant place to visit. Would visit the hotel again, but with ear plugs as an essential if facing the square.
went on the tour of dungeons under city- wasnt worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile hotel is located in the old town,just off the Royal Mile, Princess Street and its numerous restaurants are all within walking distance. 5 min from Waverley railway station and 12 km from the airport, the hotel has 99 rooms, including 6 adapted for disabled guests. It has a bar serving snacks 24/24 and Wifi Internet access for guests on a business trip. Public parking is 10 min on foot from the hotel, with reductions for clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Priceline so you can book your Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile Scotland