Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel
US$326
US$207
US$187
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$140
US$301
US$280
Agoda.com
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Room Service
US$221
US$202
2,878 results
All reviewsgreat locationroyal milerubber duckwalk in showergrassmarket areaelemis toiletriespubs and restaurantsgrass marketcastle viewexcellent hotelmodern hotelwould highly recommend this hotelstayed here for nightsfull scottish breakfastbreakfast was excellentcomfy bedprinces street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were visiting our son at the university of Edinburgh. The location was perfect. We stayed 2 nights, one night was a pretty good price, but we paid 50% more. We did not want to change hotels. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest

I was very pleased to read that my staff looked after you so well during your stay with us and will make a point of passing on your praise. I am also glad that you would “stay with us again” and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and loved this hotel! Located in the Old Town area, there are restaurants, cafes and plenty of things to see/do within really short walking distance. We had a corner room with a large bedroom area with a wonderfully comfortable bed, a huge bathroom by UK standards and more space than we expected to have anywhere in our UK or European travels. It's a bit of a walk to the Royal Mile and New Town, so if you're looking to be near that area, keep that in mind. That wasn't the biggest draw for us, so this hotel was absolutely perfect for our time in Edinburgh! We want to go back again and would definitely stay here next time!

Room Tip: Request a view of Edinburgh Castle
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank totsaroo

Dear Guest

Thank you for marking us with 5***** for all aspects of your visit. It always gives me pleasure to read that a guest has enjoyed their stay, particularly when they have travelled all the way from Michigan to be with us.

From your review I noted that you hope to return to us again in the future. Should this be the case please let me know in advance and I will personally do my best to ensure you are allocated the same room.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

When we arrived at the hotel earlier than check in time we were told our room was ready and we were given our keys. The receptionist was efficient and very helpful in providing us with a map and giving us directions. The room was clean, comfortable with lovely pillows. The breakfast spread was amazing, fresh fruit, yogurts cereals, Danish pastries, cooked and more. All the staff were helpful and friendly and Vinnie MacIntosh was exceptional and went that extra mile. Would definitely return. Didn't use or see fitness centre or pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review of the Apex City hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback and will make a point of thanking Vinni for looking after you so well. Customer satisfaction is important to all my staff and I'm glad you had such an enjoyable stay.
I do hope you will stay with us again soon and thank you for your review.

General manager

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were only staying one night but wanted something decent and with a good location. Initially it was on offer for £136 including breakfast but by the time I came to book it had drifted to £170. However I called Apex direct who offered to price match when I found one a bit cheaper and as luck had it while I was on the phone I managed to find, of all place, a bargain on ASDA for £147. The guy from Apex found it and matched the price - yayy!

We arrived really early (09:30) and I couldn't help but think the girl on reception thought we were going to give her a hard time about the room not being ready. However as seasoned travellers it was unlikely it would be ready and all we really needed was somewhere to dump our bag. Magda on reception was one of the most helpful check in people I have ever met and into the bargain was the use of the pool at the Apex International down the road, and......because we booked direct with Apex a £10 voucher to use in the hotel - bit of a result.

Room was fine, clean, quiet, comfortable, tea making facilities (very nice TV if you need it). Hotel bar was good, again pleasant staff with freebie crisps and drinks not at outrageous prices. Breakfast in the morning was an excellent Scottish heartattack on a plate including yummy haggis and black pudding.

Breakfast was served until 11 (decent people!!1) and we were able to leave our bag there all day for free.

The location is right on the Grassmarket with lots of pubs and eateries (try Petit Paris) and is about 10 minutes from the Castle, 10 minutes to Princes Street and about 1.5 hours to the top of Arthur's Seat (you must do that walk).

Edinburgh is rapidly becoming my favourite UK city, it is magnificent and this hotel is a splendid place to explore it from.

For what we wanted it was absolutely perfect, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had 3123 which looks onto the side road so nice and quiet and you can just about see the Castle
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review. I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and do appreciate your compliments about my staff - I will personally make a point of passing on your praise to Magda. Having a great stay is always made that bit sweeter still when you get a good deal and I’m glad you managed to secure a great rate for your stay. The £10.00 food and beverage voucher really is good value and I'm glad you found the time to spend it. Sometimes guests think there may be a catch, but it really is just our way of thanking guests for booking with us directly and the voucher can be used against food or drink in the bar or restaurant without a minimum spend requirement. We even promise to match any rate on other websites - as you quite rightly took advantage of.

As you are becoming a real fan of Edinburgh I do hope you will keep us in mind for your next visit, and if you would like the same room again please let us know and we will do our best to arrange it for you.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

There are two Apex hotels here: the International and the City. The International is the larger and the Apex City is next door in the area just below the castle. The hotel is average, to slightly above average. No air, but nice size rooms for Europe. What makes this hotel stand out is the area it is located in and the service. Great breakfast and wonderful area. Lots of pubs and resturants. Also, if you want to use the gym it is next door at the International. Parking is limited, but they do have a small (about 10 spaces) parking area. There is also parking next door at the International.

Room Tip: All of our rooms seemed the same, so no particular preference.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review - I was very pleased to read that you found the level of service within the hotel to such a high standard and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

As you mentioned, our location is perfect for enjoying all the great things Edinburgh has to offer –I certainly hope it will not be too long before you find the time to return again.