“Excellent Place to Stay”

Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel
Ranked #39 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My daughter attends Edinburgh University. I have stayed at various hotels in the city that were over rated, over priced and the more up market the more attitude with staff. Thank goodness into her second year we found the Apex City a true gem. Lovely staff, clean, comfortable in every way and the area is perfect! A big thank you to Vincent a true Scottish gentleman who knows the customer service with a genuine smile.

Room Tip: See for yourself. The accommodating staff will help you with your choice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Alexandra D
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for the compliments - it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and my staff, particularly Vinni, have been of service to you.

As your daughter is attending university in Edinburgh, and you have enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully will see a lot more of you. If this is going to be the case please drop me an e-mail with your details and preferred room number and I will add them to your profile. This way we will be able to ensure you are allocated a room that you like. My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed for the weekend and were impressed with the high standards throughout. The room was plush and we felt we were getting value for money. We didn't use the restaurant but we did have bar snacks and drinks which were excellent and we are quite fussy! The staff were very polite and helpful. When we go back to Edinburgh, we'll definitely be staying here again. Edinburgh is a fabulous city, lots of history!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. As always it is great to read that, not only, has a guest had an enjoyable stay, but they plan to return again in the future.

Your very complimentary review is much appreciated and I do hope you stay again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very good attendance, very clean, beautiful and everything seem to be very well maintained. The bathrooms were very good and it is very well located, nearby the castle!
The hotel restaurant and bar is good and the food is delicious. Prices are a little high.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FelipeSeS

Dear Guest

Rio de Janeiro to Edinburgh is a very long way to travel and I am glad that once you got here you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and well maintained and the restaurant food "delicious".

Thank you for taking the time to place a review I do appreciate it.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at the Apex city hotel – it for me is the place I want to stay when I visit Edinburgh. This time, the hotel booking was a very belated birthday gift to my dad to celebrate his 60th. He was delighted with the hotel, the luxury of our rooms and the value for money the breakfast offered (£10pp for a full Scottish breakfast and continental breakfast).

Hotel staff and restaurant staff can make or break a holiday – and I was seriously impressed with the standard of service that we were offered by all staff, the reception we were greeted with on arrival was very warm and welcoming, and each approach to the reception staff was professional and friendly. I also want to thank the Apex city for the allocation of our rooms – which were really lovely and luxurious!

As an aside we were only in Edinburgh for two and a half days – but we used the tour buses to explore Edinburgh – which presented great value for money – and we wouldn’t have realised this without the leaflet we were given by a male receptionist. I have to say – the amount of walking we did whilst in Edinburgh meant I could barely walk when I got home – and I took a day off to recuperate from our exertions in Edinburgh!

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Em T

Dear Guest

It was great to read that you have now stayed with us 3-times and still enjoy your visits. Repeat customers are extremely important to me and I always want to personally know if anything ever changes or our standards drop. In addition, so that we can continue to look after you, please feel free to contact me by e-mail with your details and room preference so I can add them to your profile thereby ensuring you receive the type of room you prefer. You can also let me know if you have any special requirements. My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. The hotel is in a great location in the Grassmarket. It's very close to the castle and some boutiques and pubs. The rooms are well equipped. The breakfasts are good, especially the a la carte menu. I did not find the reception staff very friendly. They did not seem to be local and we're not very welcoming. Although breakfasts were hearty, they did not have the smoked haddock two mornings in a row. Room make up seemed to be taking a long time. When I tried checking in at 4pm I was asked to wait for 30 minutes. There is free internet access on a single PC on the second floor which was a nice touch. The key winning factor is the location. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back. Facing the Grassmarket could be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. We normally pride ourselves for offering a friendly welcome and I am extremely disappointed to read that you did not feel this was the case when you arrived. Should you have a spare minute to e-mail a note of the date you stayed and your room number I will be able to determine which member of my staff checked you in. I can then ensure they are provided with additional customer care training. My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk and I will be very pleased to hear from you.

My apologies for the disappointing welcome, but I am pleased that you wrote that you would still stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Myself and Wife had our whole entire wedding here at this hotel, the staff and the preperation the guys did to make our day even more special was absolutely amazing.

A special mention to Claire and Lisa for organising our day - both a credit to the company

Our guests who travelled from far away stayed at the hotel and were all impressed with the rooms

I would rate this hotel very highly.

Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for trusting us with such an important event - it was a pleasure to be able to look after you both.

I am very pleased that it all went so well and that my staff, particularly Lisa and Claire were a credit to the hotel. I do hope that you enjoyed your honeymoon and married life is working well for you.

Many thanks for posting your review and all my best for the future for you and your wife.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was a nice hotel. Clean, quiet and perfect location. It's in Old Town. The restaurant was very good and Robert "aka" Ginger was a very good waiter with a sense of humor. You can walk up the hill to the castle.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel2013_13
LisaCameronDGM, Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Your positive comments are really appreciated and I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent visit to the Apex City. I am particularly happy to read your comments about Robert and I agree with you 100% he does have a great sense of humor and he passes his thanks for him getting a special mention.

It is our service that makes an experience at Apex City as memorable as many others on this site and others have described it to be.

Thank you again and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the City in the near future.

Lisa