Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel
US$201
US$372
US$212
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$488
US$439
US$210
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$108
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,879 results
All reviewsgreat locationroyal milerubber duckwalk in showergrassmarket areaelemis toiletriespubs and restaurantsgrass marketcastle viewexcellent hotelmodern hotelwould highly recommend this hotelstayed here for nightsfull scottish breakfastbreakfast was excellentcomfy bedprinces street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

A fantastic modern hotel with high standards. Rooms are spacious & very comfortable. Breakfast is lovely and couldn't ask for a better view!! The loacation couldn't be any better for Edinburgh & you even get a rubber duck to take home :) Overall great stay!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ang1304
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Guest

I do hope you are looking after 'Bobby' - our little green duck? He is always looking for brothers and sisters to join him and each time you stay at a different Apex Hotel you can add a new colour to your collection!

On a more serious note I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and marked us 5-stars. I really do appreciate your kind feedback and hope you will return soon so we can add to your duck collection...

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stay here often with work and always have an enjoyable stay from beginning to end. From being greeted by very friendly and attentive staff, to enjoying a nice sleep in the comfortable rooms and to top it off, a lovely breakfast to get me off to a good start the next morning. I personally suggest the American pancakes with crispy bacon.

The hotel is based in a brilliant location with many restaurants and bars in the surrounding area. It is also only a short walk to the Royal Mile or over to Prince's Street for a bit of shopping. I have also stayed in various rooms during my stays and they have all been to a very high standard. Though if you are staying on holiday it is nice to get a view of the castle especially from the bath in room 2109.

I think the best thing about this hotel is the staff. I have made a few requests during my stays and they have always managed to meet them with no bother at all. You do feel valued as a guest when you stay here which is why I will always return whenever I'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NMB86

Dear Guest

As a regular guest of the Apex City hotel I particularly appreciate your very kind review. I am pleased that you continue to enjoy staying with us and that we have always managed to assist with any requests you may have had.

I sincerely hope that you keep coming back and, if you do not have one already, please ask about our loyalty scheme the next time you stay with us as it is a great way for Apex Hotels to show our appreciation for your continued loyalty.

Thank you again for you review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great staff in a wonderful Hotel - Scottish Receptionist was very friendly & welcoming even at a very late hour. Spent lots of time with us and made us feel at ease and looking forward to the weekend ahead

Breakfast was delicious - the rooms very stylish and comfortable

Within walking distance to Grassmarket area with views of the castle - ideal place for a short break in Scotland

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lisa

Thank you for your review - I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were well looked after by my staff. I trust you found the time to enjoy the many attractions Edinburgh has to offer?

I do appreciate you taking the time to post a review and I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is it's location, with amazing views of the castle and it's proximity to the Royal mile, I'd stay here on every visit to Edinburgh.

It's situated on the grass market, which has some great pubs and restaurants also, so you don't have to venture too far if you don't want to. Personally I love the atmosphere in the pubs close by.

To start with our experience of the hotel and service, it was really great, we flew into Edinburgh really early and arrived at the hotel by 8am to drop our bags off. Turned out our room was ready so we were able to check in at that time. That in itself was a bonus.

We then went up to our room which for a twin room wasn't much more than a double. The only thing making it a twin was the fact it had two separate duvets, not much space between the beds.

In the floor beside the window was a ladies earring, which wasn't exactly a stud that could easily have been missed, this was a long feather earring so should've been spotted when the room was being cleaned. In a reverse turn of events, I actually misplaced my own earring that weekend in the room, this was more discreet, so no doubt the next guests may have found mine.

We were in a room right next to the lift, but I have to say that we heard very little noise. The wifi is a great feature too, as having an International phone number, I don't like to come back to a hefty bill for data use, so I only used data in a wifi area.

There was one evening whilst getting ready we decided to order room service and some wine but when I dialled 0 for it, I held for approx 1min and no one answered, which I didn't really like. It did however result in us getting a move on and eating out.

The bar in the hotel is lovely, and the residents bar stayed open quite late. It may depend on the number of customers there.

On checkout, it was a painless experience, no queues, and they held our bags while we went for breakfast and spent our last few hours in Edinburgh.

Overall experience was very positive, little issues such as the earring and not answering for room service, I'm sure aren't a regular occurrence. The beds being too close could do with improvement. All in all I'd stay again and again.

Thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was sorry to read that you lost an earring and if you would like to contact me with your details I will check the lost property log and, if we have found it, I will post it back to you. My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk

With regard to your phone call not being answered I am very sorry for any inconvenience this caused. We recently changed our switchboard and have occasionally experienced problems whereby calls were not ringing at the front desk, even though the caller could hear a ringing tone. Our supplier has since rectified this and all the phones should now be working correctly.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, found our location convenient and that you would be happy to "stay again and again". Your review is very much appreciated and I hope I can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a jaunt for four friends meeting up for a weekend. Despite our rather early arrival the reception team did their utmost to ensure we had access to at least one of our rooms so we could freshen up before trooping off to see the sights - and this was a foretaste of the excellent service provided by this hotel. The rooms were lovely, the location is superb and the staff are the stars. We got an excellent deal through the hotel website which was further enhanced by a £10 voucher for each room. Absolutely marvellous! (Oh, and the chips are good too)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your 5-star rating of the hotel. I am very pleased that the four of you enjoyed your stay and found my staff to be friendly and helpful. I was also pleased to read that you managed to take advantage of your £10.00 food and beverage voucher for booking directly on our website. It is a shame some guests are missing out as we guarantee to offer the best available rate and the voucher can be used against both food and drink within the hotel without a minimum spend.

I do appreciate your feedback and hope you will all come and stay with us again.