“Great location”

Ranked #42 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We booked this not really knowing Edinburgh. It was in a great location and we could walk everywhere so it saved us lots on transport. A wee bit noisy from outside but no more than you would expect for a city centre location.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
LisaCameronDGM, Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Peter B,

Thank you for your review and I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Apex City, hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Lisa
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kiel, Germany
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It is very good hotel. We are stay here with two children's. It was a comfortable rooms, very friendly personal and a good atmosphere inside. It also the swimming pool and gym that include in the price, but it in the neighbourhood hotel. Very good location. The manager with the glasses ( Sorry I didn't see the name) was very friendly and help to us a lot. Thanks...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Dima

Thank you for posting a very nice review following your recent stay at the Apex City hotel. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found Vinni, my duty Manager, to be helpful. I know he will be pleased you mentioned his name and I will make a point of passing him a copy of your review.

If you return to Edinburgh in the future I do hope you will come and stay with us again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and found the rooms far too stuffy,should turn heat down, also staff not interested. breakfast good, but could be more veggie frielndly.
won't stay again prefer air con rooms and friendly staff.

Room Tip: a bit noisy and rooms over heated
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lynne b
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Lynne

I was very disappointed to read your recent review of the hotel. I am sorry you found your room warm. We have now turned the heating down to minimum levels as the weather appears to have improved. Of particular concern to me was your comment regarding my staff. If you have a look at the many reviews complimenting the friendliness of my staff you will, I'm sure, understand my concern that you did not receive the same level of service. If there was a particular member of staff that let me down I would be very interested to know. Should this be the case please be so kind as to drop me an e-mail with their name. My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk.

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback and I will make sure that my staff are aware of your review.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great service, great location, friendly helpful staff, breakfast was excellent and had good choices.
We ate in the hotel restaurant at night and the menu selection was very good. The room was clean and tidy and had a very comfortable sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the castle.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abduljalil B
Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving a positive review following your recent stay at the Apex City hotel. It was good to read that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant and found plenty of dishes to select from. I'm unsure whether you managed to sample our 2 for £30.00 menu offering the opportunity for two people to eat 3-courses for just £30.00? If not hopefully you will return in the near future and find the time to give it a try.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a nice three night city break staying here. Conveniently sited hotel within minutes of the Royal Mile and most tourist attractions. Lovely, friendly staff who were only too happy to make our stay more comfortable. Our only grumble would have to be the rooms decor was perhaps a little slapdash (smears of paint on some varnished surfaces and glass) otherwise it was a great place to stay!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason P
Dear Jason

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay. I do appreciate your kind comments about my staff and will pass on your praise. I have also noted your comment regarding the painting smears in the bedroom you occupied. If you have a spare moment it would be very kind if you could drop me a quick e-mail advising which room you stayed in - that way I can ensure my Maintenance Manager carries out any remedial work required.

My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed here in march of 2014 and our stay was really nice and the rooms are very nice too. The employees were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again as it was next to the Edinburgh castle.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jeansolano
Dear Guest

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and kindly marked us with 5***** stars for all areas. Your very nice review is greatly appreciated and I do hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a three night stay at the Apex city 7-10th April 2014. The hotel is ideally situated in the Grassmarket very close to all the attractions and a good view of the castle from rooms at the front. On arrival we found the reception staff very friendly and helpful, and we were soon settled in our room. The room was a good size and presented very well, the shower was huge, the bath was a 3/4 size but did not present any problem everything being very clean.

Breakfast was ordered for for the 3 mornings of our stay and had a very good assortment of cereals, fruit, and continental options supported by a cooked menu option too. The waiting staff all being very friendly and polite. We chose to eat out one night and then had evening meals in house for the rest of the stay, we were not disappointed! A special note here for the management, for the waitress on duty on Tuesday evening forgot her name (from Carlisle) her attention to detail, professionalism, and friendly attitude makes her worthy of a mention. So we can recommend the in house restaurant.

Now on the down side, the hotel has limited parking available, we did manage to find parking at the sister hotel (Apex International) a few doors away, so not really a problem.

We found the heat upstairs in the corridors stuffy and uncomfortable, the rooms also being too warm making a good nights sleep difficult. Fortunately being at the rear of the hotel we could open the window and offer a little ventilation, however we were disturbed in the early hours by noisy revellers heading home and what I can only think are hotel night staff slamming bin lids outside in the early hours. The above are minor issues but we think visitors need to consider.

Our main disappointment was the bed in room 3128 was so uncomfortable, contributing to a not so restful night, if we where staying for a longer period, we would have requested another room.

Even with the issues above we would not hesitate in returning here and we are also planning our next visit.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear are quieter than at the front. The restaurant is an excellent place to eat, a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robtheranger01
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am glad you "would not hesitate to return" despite a couple of issues with your room. I have taken note of your comments regarding the bed and will arrange for the mattress to be replaced. I am also sorry that you found your room a little hot. We have now turned the heating right down and this should help to keep the rooms cooler. Unfortunately with the weather still being very changeable we have had to keep a reasonable level of heat in the building in case of a cold period.

I do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and hope you will stay with us again soon.