“Proper Cocktails, Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Raeburn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Raeburn
Ranked #3 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Perth, United Kingdom
“Proper Cocktails, Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I recently visited The Raeburn and have to say the service blew me away. We were looked after by Callum, his knowledge was most impressive, and I must say it has been a longtime since I've enjoyed such an expertly made Negroni, he really is an asset to the establishment, and I hope they appreciate his impressive customer focus which appeared to put his colleagues to shame.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights last week. It was without doubt our best ever stay in Edinburgh. We lived in Edinburgh many years ago and at that time the Raeburn was definitely one of the places to go to meet friends for a drink etc. It then seemed to lose its way and it was so sad to see it closed down in more recent time. The resurrected Raeburn is fantastic. No expense has been spared and the transformation is outstanding. Be that as it may, it would be nothing without the people to bring the experience together. I simply cannot remember such friendly and professional staff in a UK hotel. They were , to a man - and woman- really great.
We had booked parking (a seriously good boon in a city centre hotel) but when we arrived the space was taken. Should I become apoplectic? The receptionist was delightful. She took the keys and sorted it immediately. But all the staff were the same - outstanding and friendly. They could not have been more helpful.
We dined there on Thursday evening and the food, service and wine were all most enjoyable.
The atmosphere in the bar was really great and the buzz just as in times of old.
Congratulations to all involved - the nail has been well and truly hit on the head.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We popped into the Raeburn on a whim and were very impressed. The service was friendly, slick & professional, and the restaurant beautiful. We didn't visit the bar or stay the night but based on our experience I wouldn't hesitate to return for a special occasion.
I had the cod, and my fiancee chose the steak - both were incredible, and the portion sizes perfect. My side of buttered new potatoes were so tasty! We also had a pudding, which was still good but not as great as the mains. My chocolate pot could've done with more raspberries & strawberries to balance out the amazing richness of the dark chocolate.
We didn't take our dog but would like to commend the pub for allowing them, it means a great deal to know that for next years' Fringe we know a fantastic dog friendly place for a celebratory meal.
Will be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy W
Potters Bar,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a top quality hotel which we stayed at for 3 nights during the Fringe. Doesn't look great from the outside, but everything inside is brilliant, from the friendly professional greeting, the bar, the restaurant and the quality of the rooms. The rooms all have high quality finishing touches and equipment like GHD hair straighteners, but the highlight for us was in room 4 where there is a secret extra space!

(At least 2 other great restaurants very close by too - excellent value South American restaurant down the road and another straight across from the hotel.0

Room Tip: We had two great rooms, but No 4 had an extra touch!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

There's not much more I need to say than.. the beef was more fat than meat, the veg tasted like it had been soaked in salt for the day & the Yorkshire pudding was more like a burnt pastry ball!

The interior is lovely & probably a nice place to head for drinks. But myself nor my partner will be recommending any of our friends or customers to come here for a meal. Very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
1 Thank at0411
Kinross, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

9 of us had been to see play' Sunshine on Lieth' ..very good and recommended for Festival goers!! And we had table booked for 1715hrs Sunday 10/08/14 and 1st time had a meal and drink at The Raeburn.
Busy place and must be popular for there Sunday Roasts as ALL sold out during the day! ..250 sold!... Service was good and all diff meals were put down to the correct persons! :)
I ordered fish & chips (cod) under £11 and just commenting on my meal here!
Have had loads of fish and chips many times..but this is the 1st time I had more fingers than chips on my plate!... Fish was well battered, but have had larger too!
A good setting and overall..all plates were cleared! :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The best Old Fashioned and Negroni I have had for a while - expertly made by blonde haired bartender Callum. A pleasure to have a properly made drink, and the Raeburn bar made a great hideaway from a rainy afternoon. Good service, nice surroundings.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends