“Friendly welcome, convenient position”

International Guest House
Ranked #201 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcome, convenient position”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights last week. It was perfectly situated for getting into the city by bus. Hosts friendly and helpful - and I am extremely grateful to them for posting on clothes that I stupidly left in my room!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank emgee100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Had an enjoyable stay here - stayed here 2 nights for a christening and was very convenient.
The breakfast was very nice and you could choice what you wanted. The hotel was not very far away from the local bus route so this was handy when going back to the airport. Would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 23Fiona
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed for 2 nights while visiting my son,it was the cheapest I could find within reach of the city centre so I was not sure what I would find. What I found was a warm welcome,a comfortable clean room and an acceptable(if small) breakfast.OK the decor was not really to my taste,but that is a minor consideration and it seems to be in line with other B&Bs in that part of town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Corinne33
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Spent a week here while I was working and it was everything I needed - warm, clean, very welcoming, nice to come back to at the end of the day. Straight road into town - an easy 15 minute walk or there was a very frequent bus from the stop just across the road. Would definately stay here again next time I'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank neddyb1
Lymm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I had booked this hotel for myself and my teenager daughter BEFORE reading any reviews on Tripadvisor. I made the mistake of reading them the night before we were due to go and I must confess was seriously thinking of trying to get out of the booking. However I am so pleased that I didn't. We were greeted by a lovely lady at the hotel who immediately helped orientate us to the local area, gave us very helpful advice about the buses and could recommend somewhere for us to grab a quick bite to eat that evening. She spoke of settling the bill only as far as to say that we may have to queue on the Sunday morning so could settle earlier if we had a train to catch. She was also very transparent about the charge for using a card which enabled me to withdraw cash instead.
We were pleasantly surprised by the room which was on the 2nd floor and was very large ( 1 double and 1 single) with a lovely big window overlooking Arthurs seat.Theere was also no skimping on the tea or coffee facilities either which was nice.
The room was certainly an explosion of flowers and chintz but was very clean with plenty of towels.
The breakfast was very nice ( I settled for poached egg and bacon on toast) and liked the fact that we were given both a pot of tea and a pot of coffee. The hotel is on a main bus route and they certainly are very frequent and give very easy access to town if you don't want to walk. I was very happy withthis hotel and would certainly stay again next time we are in Edinburgh.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cheekymonkey777
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I booked this B&B on line, I read the reviews, good and bad. Was a little nervous after reading a bad review about the breakfast, or lack of it if we missed the time slot. This B&B was so easy to find off the ring road, good half hour walk in to the city, but one road, very easy, we did the bus on the second night as we had a ghost tour booked.we arrived nearly an hour earlier than we scheduled and was greater by a lovely gentlemen who smiled all the time, he did advise of payment methods but not in a pushy way, he offered his advice of things to do and any local info, advised us of breakfast time etc, we travelled as a couple and we were given a large room On the ground floor with a double bed and a single, yes the decor is chintzy but we loved it, the whole place has a cosy, clean, and interesting atmosphere, we loved that the cutlery was lovely silverware and all the crockery was floral china. The shower was amazing the room was always clean, we arrived on the Friday, got up for breakfast on Saturday and went in to the city early, when we came back, the bed was remade clean towels were put out, room was cleaned. Every time we saw the owner he was smiling and friendly,we are defo going to return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tanya_smith54
milano
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I have been stayed at the International Guest House for ca. 10 days in August.

I appreciated it, I feel like at home. It is a very nice building 15- 20 minutes walk from the city centre. I liked this walk every morning!
In any case there is the bus stop in front of the guest house, and in10 min. you are in the centre!!!

I had a single room on the 2nd floor. The room was essential, very quite, silent and clean .
The owners were kind and friendly.
Lovely stay. I will return!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends