Lizzie and her husband are super nice. They had our room available for us even though we arrived very early in the morning. We took the airlink bus from the airport to the Waverly bridge and then took a taxi to the B&B. The tax cost about 6 pounds. The room was pretty we stayed on the 3rd floor both the times and had two different rooms but both of them nice. They had nice view of the edge of the city with some rolling green hills. They had us write down what we wanted for breakfast and they had a nice spread everyday which included toast, tea, coffee, pastries, eggs, haggis (meat and veggie haggis), sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, potato scones. They have a nice dvd collection if you want to pop a movie in for the night. They have nice large umbrellas available and yes they did come in handy. The B&B is a nice 30 minute walk from the royal mile or a 15 minute bus ride. There are plenty of bus lines from the road. We had to make a last minute reservation on our way back due to some last minute plan changes and they were able to accommodate us. They will go out of their way to help you out and make you feel at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsway is a great value AA four star gold rated guest house offering the warmest of Scottish hospitality, located just one mile from Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile. Always * BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST PRICE * Our stylish rooms are comfortable, cosy with all you will need for a great stay and our freshly cooked Scottish breakfasts with daily specials have won an AA breakfast awards for the last 4 years for quality and use of local produce. Rooms offer comfortable beds, fluffy towels, TV/DVD, internet radio, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer. We can offer our guests great local information to help enjoy their visit to Edinburgh, complementary high speed wifi and also use of our private off street car park. There is an excellent selection of cafes, restaurants and pubs within 5 - 10 minutes walk of the guest house. You can find more details and useful information about Edinburgh's sights and events on the KingswayGuestHouse FB page and also follow us on twitter/ instagram at KingswayEdin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Kingsway Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsway Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Kingsway Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland