It's our first time to stay in a Bed and Breakfast and we're glad that it's with Kingsway. Lizzie was an excellent host. She helped us with all sorts of travel planning at edinburgh even prior to our arrival. She even booked us our Highlands Day Tour. According to her, they just acquired the property December 2007 so don't mind negative posts here before then because it's now under new management. Pictures in their website are not yet updated at this time of writing. It's much much better in actual.
Kingsway is lovely bed and breakfast which was recently refurbished. We got two family rooms where 1 room has a King Size bed and 2 single beds. The other room has a Super King Size bed and 1 single bed. Coming from the Philippines, it was my first time to hear of a Super King Size bed and thought that maybe it's just slightly bigger than the King Size bed. Turned out that the King Size beds in UK are our Queen Size Beds and the Super King Size is our King Size bed.
Taxis in Edinburgh is more expensive than in Glasgow. It was a 7 to 8 gbp taxi ride from the train station. That is just for one mile of travel. Can't understand also the basis of the cabs in charging extras. Extra charges are different with each of our taxi ride.
Breakfast was the usual English breakfast which is pre-ordered the night before. Aside from the cooked breakfast, there are yogurts, cereals and juices to choose from. I like the croissants that was served for the self service breakfast on the day of our highlands tour.
Free Wi-Fi Internet Acess was available from our room at the top floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsway is a great value AA four star gold rated guest house offering the warmest of Scottish hospitality, located just one mile from Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile. Always * BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST PRICE * Our stylish rooms are comfortable, cosy with all you will need for a great stay and our freshly cooked Scottish breakfasts with daily specials have won an AA breakfast awards for the last 4 years for quality and use of local produce. Rooms offer comfortable beds, fluffy towels, TV/DVD, internet radio, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer. We can offer our guests great local information to help enjoy their visit to Edinburgh, complementary high speed wifi and also use of our private off street car park. There is an excellent selection of cafes, restaurants and pubs within 5 - 10 minutes walk of the guest house. You can find more details and useful information about Edinburgh's sights and events on the KingswayGuestHouse FB page and also follow us on twitter/ instagram at KingswayEdin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kingsway Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsway Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Kingsway Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland