“Fun, but expensive and not much action”

Skirmish Edinburgh Paintball
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Had a good day here for a friend's birthday. In all the 3 hours we spent here was spread out so that we only had one hour of paintballing. Good staff, and the games we did play were good but paintballs were expensive and could easily use up more than given at the beginning with the deal we had. But the original deal wasn't too expensive for paintballing and it was good fun. No sign of the free tea/coffee or anything advertised.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I was given a voucher for 10 people all equipment and 100 paintballs. I also paid £160 up front for 20 extra pots. The set up is great with well organised games which are good fun. My group was a mix of adults and 13/14 year old boys, everyone had a great time. The staff are very helpful and a good laugh.
On the downside the masks steam up quickly making it very hard to see but I've had this problem at other paintball venues so I don't think its exclusive to skirmish.
One word of advice would be to use your paint sparingly (easy to say, hard in practice) once used its £10 for another pot, some in our party used nearly 3 pots in 2 games and with 6 games in a half day session it could work out very expensive.
Overall a great day out but take a spare pair of old boots/ trainers to wear on the day as it can get very muddy if its been raining.

2  Thank Rory M
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I was given some free entry vouchers for 10 all equipment and 100 painballs each,the date on them had expired, I phoned skirmish up and they told me they would honor the vouchers anyway! Right enough, we turned up got all equipment, free entry,free paint and had a right laugh, we had to buy more paint but it was worth it! Cheers Lads.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Went to skirmish paintball on my brothers stag doo at the weekend... It was a really good day out and it didn't cost us an arm and a leg , all the staff we're friendly and clearly knew what they were doing, I've been paintballing a few times at different places and skirmish is by far the best in the way of game zone's, scenarios,and all round orginisation. Although the driveway to the carpark could do with a little attention!

2  Thank Rob_Cairncross
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I was at this paintball site on Saterday morning for a half day.
Had a great time agree the road could do with upgrading.
But the real reason I have posted this is one of the young boys who was stopped from playing said he was going to go on this site and say he had a bad time.
When infact he was stopped from playing because he keept taking of his glasses.

2  Thank mjbow222