“Great”

Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Taste of Italy is an all-day, casual dining café with a passion for authentic Italian food - from fantastic breakfasts and a great selection of light bites, to freshly prepared pizzas and pasta dishes, plus indulgent home-made cakes. Pop into Taste and discover food that is fresh, tasty and good value for money, served up in a friendly, relaxed environment.
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I come here with my boyfriend all the time, great food and fast, staff always polite and accommodating even when very busy. Love it!

tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for your review and your loyal custom. We strive to please and I am pleased that you enjoy us enough to return multiple times.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've there many times and I ordered almost any food they've got on the menu. Fresh ingredients, original Italian recipes, friendly and warm staff. The restaurant has contemporary style close to the city center of Edinburgh. Located in a busy area giving a great option for a good value of money food. I recommend it for group's of friends and families, even for single person who need to have a nice breakfast, lunch or dinner.

tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for your excellent review. We are also a perfect place to pop into prior to going to the theatre.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I decided to pay a visit to Taste of Italy yesterday afternoon for an early dinner after attending an event earlier in the day.

The place was quiet, and I was seated quickly, but barely anyone smiled. It felt like I was inconveniencing them by coming in.

I ordered the Spaghetti Bolognese, but instead chose Tagliatelle. The portion size was very good but the sauce could have had a little more vibrancy in terms of the taste.

£5.95 is excellent value for a well sized bowl of pasta that's cooked to order, but the service this time wasn't great which means I unfortunately won't be rushing back.

1  Thank Ana M
tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with Taste on your last visit. I trust you have been in before to know that this level of service is not the norm. However, great food at excellent value is always on offer. I will monitor greeting procedures to ensure that we don't let down our very valued customers. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been here a number of times with family and most recently look a friend who was on a trip from England. She was looking for a nice Italian restaurant to try and I suggested Taste of Italy; she was delighted with my choice! We arrived about 12.30 on a Saturday and greeted by friendly staff who allowed us to chose where we would like to sit, we were pleased to see there was still a choice, however by 1pm it was filing up fast so if you do decide to visit don't leave it too late- it is very popular! Service was good- we didn't have to wait too long on our dishes and our waitress was nice yet gave us space to eat our meal. The menu has a very good selection and there is something for all tastes from pizza, lasagne, burgers and chips to salad. I recommend the arancinni balls (rice balls deep fried in breadcrumbs) for starters and the pizza is delicious. On my most recent visit my friend and I also got a lovely side salad with rocket and parmesan- so tasty. Prices are fair for the centre of town. Toilets are also kept clean which is important! Will return!

tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Cleanliness is key to all of our locations. We eat here to and maintain an exceptionally high standard throughout the restaurant. Thank you for your excellent review and your continued custom.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ate here 3 times for dinner on recent visit to Edinburgh. We needed to keep things cheap, and this fit the bill without sacrificing quality. Pizza, lasagna, and ravioli were all very good. Several surprisingly good dessert options as well. Seating a little close and noisy, but fast, attentive service. The most outstanding part was the affordability...good food at great prices.

tony c, Owner at Taste of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

I am pleased that we became your home away from home. Thank you for your review and your custom during your visit. Both are greatly appreciated.

Regards,