“The best tour guide”

Duncan McNab Day Tours
Ranked #80 of 214 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Professional but relaxed private guided day tours from Edinburgh and Glasgow.See Scotland through the eyes of a knowledgeable local guide.After breakfast I will collected you from your Hotel or Cruise Ship. You will be asked (not told) where, when and for how long you want to stop and visit, no rigid itinerary only suggestions, because this is your day your tour.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and two young daughters booked three days with Duncan. He exceeded all of my expectations. Mr. McNab was very knowledgable of everywhere that we asked him to take us and very punctual. He also provided a car seat for my four year. I would highly recommend him.

3  Thank Cindy P

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our family ( Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad & adult daughter) had a special day in Scotland with Duncan McNab. His roomy,clean vehicle was very comfortable. He knew everything anyone would want to know about Scotland & added his own "color" to questions asked. Duncan has a fun personality! He planned our day to what we had asked for & gave us enough time to visit our sights at our own pace. We stopped at a friendly small pub for lunch that was delightful & delicious. We will most certainly contact Duncan next visit to Scotland for he was a Scotish highlight that we would not have wanted to miss!

2  Thank ColoradoMamaJulie
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Duncan met the five of us at our George Street Hotel in Edinburgh at 9 am sharp and we were on our way for a fabulous day, visiting Loch Lomond, Queensferry, Stirling Castle and Glengoyne Distillery. As well, we stopped for a wonderful lunch at the Buchlyvie Inn Pub. Duncan is a fountain of information about all of Scotland and especially the area through which he toured us. He has a great sense of humor and he simply kept us interested and entertained all day long. Our granddaughter, our daughter, son-in-law and we two 'grands' loved the entire day. We would look up Duncan certainly again, when back in Edinburgh.

3  Thank ComfortTravelers
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I wish we could give more than five stars to our favorite Scotsman Duncan McNab! This tour was extremely important to me because I wanted to see Stirling Castle, but not with a large group. So in a series of emails prior to our cruise of the British Isles, Mr. McNab and I planned out a daylong itinerary that included a visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia, a city tour of Edinburgh, photos of Edinburgh Castle, Rosslyn Chapel, a Scottish Pub for lunch, all concluding with the Stirling Castle visit.

This started out just to be me and my husband but we invited two fellow cruise passengers along; the four of us were met on time, at South Queensferry dock, by Duncan. His car was spacious and extremely clean.

Duncan McNab just was so easygoing and adapted to our sudden requests for schedule changes (e.g.,not so much time here, a little more time there). When I announced I was hungry, he asked how "peckish" I was and could it wait just a bit longer. Oh, was that worth it. He could not have picked a more quintessential Scottish Pub for our lunch! It was just a short distance from Rosslyn Chapel, so we were able to relax a bit before heading off for the afternoon.

We visited four Scottish ports on this cruise, and all of the tours were good. But now, knowing what we do, we would skip the ship's tours and book Mr. McNab for any port where he is available. He was knowledgeable, clearly loved his country and its history, and the fact that he spoke with that lovely lilting Scottish accent just was a perfect exclamation point to the experience.

Upon parting, we just really felt like we had had the nicest, friendliest, best experience in Edinburgh and surrounding areas. And when (not if) we return to Scotland, we plan to book a multi-day tour with Duncan McNab Private Day Tours.

Our highest recommendation and deepest thanks to Duncan for a wonderful day in the Edinburgh area.

Linda and John Olsrud
Bismarck, North Dakota, USA

6  Thank Lindyo3
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Duncan picked us up from our hotel in Edinburgh and took us on a day trip to beautiful locations including highlands, lochs, national forest and whiskey distillery. He was very knowledgeable about the locations we visited and taught us a great deal about Scotland's history. It was a pleasure to spend the day with him and we would absolutely recommend Duncan to anyone looking for a personal guide.

2  Thank Julie C