Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
US$156
US$325
US$214
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$214
US$190
Priceline
1,552 results
All reviewsushers restaurantexperience showerkingdom suitehandpicked hotelsexecutive roomnew wingbrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitieslarge tv
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We had a lovely room with a balcony and it was very peaceful. The service in the hotel and restaurant were excellent. The food was fabulous and the little lounge for coffee and drinks afterwards was lovely and relaxed.
I've also used the business facilities in this hotel previously and the service was excellent then too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Ronnie_MacKay, General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Norton House. It was so nice to read your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House in the future; whether your visit is for leisure or business.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Having booked this overnight stay as a birthday treat for my husband, I was delighted with my choice. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who remembered that it was a special celebration and immediately felt relaxed. Our booking included afternoon tea, evening meal and breakfast, all of which were delicious and served in lovely surroundings. We stayed in an executive room in the new wing which was very well designed, modern, spacious and comfortable --the bathroom was particularly luxurious and as well as a good sized shower sported a tv at the end of the bath! The only negative comment I would make is that the balcony had no chairs and overlooked a car park. Reception did, however, provide another desk chair to use for sitting outside.There were two functions being held while we were there but these didnt affect us in any way due to the clever layout of the hotel areas. My husband enjoyed his surprise stay very much and we're looking forward to our next trip to Scotland so that we can return!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lauYork
Ronnie_MacKay, General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us for your husband's birthday. I am delighted that you had such a good time. I always think it is important to acknowledge special occasions when we can. Thank you for your comments regarding your afternoon tea, dinner and breakfast; I will ensure the chefs and restaurant staff are made aware of them. The bedroom wing that you stayed in does indeed overlook one of our car parks but we have invested in a lot of landscaping for that area and it is set in woodland, so its not bad, as far as car parks go! I take on board your idea of seating for the balcony and this is something we will consider for the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 July 2011

My now wife and I got married at the norton house hotel on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in July. The hotel itself was fantastic with excellent service at all times and they really made our guests feel welcome. The room was great too. They were so helpful with last minute preps for the big day and they helped make our day so special! Thanks especially to callum our wedding organizer who was brilliant. Good work folks!

• Stayed: July 2011
Ronnie_MacKay, General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Many congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your big day. I will ensure that Callum and his team are made aware of this review and I will pass on your thanks to him personally. I do hope you will have a very long and happy marriage and that we will see you back at Norton House soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We had a lovely family stay here, and felt it was good value for the standard of hotel. The manager was very visible and clearly had high standards for his staff, some of whom were the most helpful I have experienced in a hotel. The location is beautiful and the rooms were clean and modern. We were able to use the pool with our children at set times, and they appear to be a hotel appropriate for those with or without children. And the best thing was the TV at the end of the bath!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

I am grateful to you for posting a review of your stay at Norton House with you family. It was very pleasing to read how helpful you found our staff to be; I am fortunate to get many such comments as they do try very hard to help our guests whenever possible. The tilevision screens at the end of the bath in the Executive rooms do prove to be popular and I am delighted you enjoyed it. I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House in the not too distant future, hopefully.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We had a well earned break and went to Norton House for a few days. Everything was perfect. The room was nice, a little tired in places but more than adequate. Dinner in the bistro was great too. A very enjoyable stay and one which made us want to return.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

I am grateful to you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us; all guest comments are so valuable. It was pleasing to read how much you enjoyed your visit and I hope you will return for another break soon.

Kind regards