We recently visited for a 'For You with Love' spa day. The rate included a 25 minute treatment (we upgraded for an additional £12 each to 55 minutes), use of the spa and leisure facilities and afternoon tea with a glass of champagne.
This has been the best spa day I have experienced. Every member of staff from the reception team, to the therapist, to the waiter was pleasant, courteous and friendly. Our 'spa host' collected us and showed us around. The decor was modern and very clean. The main lounge had a range of drinks and fruit for while you were waiting and an enclosed outdoor patio area for sitting in the sunshine. We had our own lockers with the usual robe, towel and slippers.
The massage was the best I have had in years (therapist - Rose) and the treatment room was luxurious and relaxing. The massage bed can be adjusted to your preference (legs as well as upper body) and the heated towels were very welcome.
The spa facilities were impressive. The hydro pool was large enough to accommodate several people without any awkwardness about sitting with people you do not know. The sauna was twice the size of one I recently visited at another 4* hotel and the pool is a 20m pool which is good for relaxation as well as leisure. Loungers are placed all around the pool.
As for the afternoon tea - fantastic. A huge range of sandwiches, scones and cakes served with a big pot of tea and a glass of champagne.
We were made to feel really special and everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome, even though it was busy that day with two weddings. The best spa experience I have ever had, we decided there and then that this would become an annual event. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland