We stayed at this rather over priced hotel as we were attending a wedding there. On arrival, the receptionist was extremely helpful, allowing us early access to our room to change clothes. The room was a standard type hotel room, albeit with rather strange controls on everything. For example, it was rather difficult to work out how you ran the bath! But the main reason for this review is the standard of food at this hotel. Some of the people at our table are making a long haul flight next week, and the overwhelming response to the meal was that it would get them prepared for 24 hours of airline food. Worst was to come at breakfast however. I always enjoy a kipper when I am having breakfast at a hotel, but, this rather over-priced establishment did not serve kippers, but kipper fillets (processed food). My alternative was a full breakfast which had to be sent back, the bacon was to overcooked and so tough that it could not be cut with a knive. The toast was soggy, the tea was dishwater. When the 'nippy-sweetie' who ran the place came and asked if everything was OK, she seemed surprised by my answer. On requesting a fresh breakfast, the bacon was replaced,(by a burnt offering, it had obviously been put into a deep-fat fryer), but the rest of the breakfast that had been sent back was still on the same plate when it was returned to me. The standard of food in this hotel is a very poor advert for Scotland. What is wrong with serving good Scottish food, ie real kippers from Loch Fyne, bacon from Carluke, etc?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland