“Lovely Spa”

Ranked #41 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely Spa”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Had a spa day at this hotel and found it to be spotless with good facilities. The Gym was well equipped with latest gear. Pool super for a swim. There is a lovely steam room sauna and spa pool. Treatments affordable and excellent. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Lovely relaxation room so much so I fell asleep. Use Clarins products. Had lunch which was well presents piping hot and very tasty.

Room Tip: Look for spa deals
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent Spa day. I am delighted that you enjoyed all the facilities in the Health Club and that you found our staff pleasant and helpful. It is great to read that you found your treatments excellent and even better to read you drifted off to sleep in the relaxation room. The product that we use in our spa is Elemis, which is the leading luxury British Spa & Skincare brand. Once again thank you for your lovely feedback.
Chris Monks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We got our weekend break through Living Social website offering 2 nights bed and breakfast and afternoon tea. The stay included full use of the spa and Leisure complex.

The hotel were aware of our arrival no printout needed to check in. They were flexible when we had our afternoon tea. The room was very well appointed although we thought we might be disappointed as we walked through to the very back of the hotel and down some stairs. We thought we were headed for the staff quarters!

We needn't have worried as the room itself was excellent - nicely laid out with a king size bed, a big tv screen on the wall opposite the bed. The bathroom had a bath with a shower fitment attached.

We did use the bar facilities for a drink and the prices reflected the 4* hotel - pricey!

The spa was excellent with a 18m pool, hydrotherapy pool, small gymnasium, sauna and steam room plus the spa itself. We had a full body massage whilst there and it was excellent. the staff did a great job of looking after us.

We had our afternoon tea in the Spa - this consisted of 4 small sandwiches each, 2 scones, jam and cream and gingerbread plus a couple of small cakes with our pots of tea - Very good.

The breakfast was also very good - lots of cereal etc to begin with plus fruit juices and then the full Scottish breakfast cooked as you liked it - set us up for the day!

All in all an excellent stay and I would recommend this hotel. I would try and get some deal on the hotel to be able to afford the stay though as it is quite pricey without the offer/

Room Tip: If the upgrades are as good as other reviews it might be worth considering it - we weren't offer...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I very much appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor following your recent weekend break. I am delighted that you had an excellent stay and that you enjoyed the facilities in the Hotel and Spa. Thank you for recommending us to future guests and I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House in the near future.
West Lothian
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I booked the Norton House for just a night on a special offer for my husbands birthday. The offer itself included dinner, bed, breakfast in an executive room, canapés and a glass of wine each. On arrival we were offered the chance to further upgrade to a suite for only £20. Worth every penny! The suite was stunning, spread over two floors with an outside balcony. Both bathrooms were stunning, tv over the bath and wet room with wall jets! We spent the afternoon in the spa which was lovely and clean and quiet! You could sit all day in the hydro pool. Dinner in the evening was just in the brasserie and was as expected, didn't want anything too formal. The waiters in there were really excellent, attentive and friendly. They were also great in the morning as we arrived for breakfast very late and it was very much appreciated. All in all a lovely peaceful night away!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at Norton House. I am delighted you had a lovely night away and that you enjoyed all aspects of your time spent at the hotel. It is great that you upgraded to a suite on arrival and found it to be worth every penny. Your comments regarding the team are very much appreciated and I know they will take great encouragement from your feedback. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.
kent
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently held a family lunch for 36 at the Norton House, chosen because we love to stay here when in Edinburgh. From the start Kirsten Ronay in Banqueting was a pleasure to work with through all the organising and of course the day went off seamlessly. Our accommodation was wonderful, staff were delightful and once again our three day stay was enhanced by both my husband and I visiting the Spa for a much needed treatment. Thank you again Norton House!

Room Tip: If you can manage it, go for a junior suite, fabulous!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review following your stay in August. I am delighted that you enjoyed your three day stay and that your family lunch was a success. I will pass your comments to Kirsten personally who I know will be thrilled to read your review. I am pleased you and your husband found the time to visit the Spa for treatments and it is great that you found our junior suites fabulous. Thank you again for such lovely feedback.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Arrived after flight late, was told no reservation. They actually have two web sites, so be very careful as you book on one but they don't get the emails!. All sorted easily as they had a spare room. Went to the room, just about the most complex corridors, stairs and lift combo ever for such a small hotel. Slept OK. Breakfast was good the next morning. Very convenient for the airport, otherwise no reason to stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay on business. I am pleased that you had a good nights sleep and that you found breakfast good. Norton House Hotel & Spa does only have one website which I would always recommend. Your room was booked via a third party website and although it was great that we sorted you a room, I will investigate why your booking was not in our system. As stated in previous responses on Trip advisor some of our guests do find the new wing of rooms a bit of a maze, but we have put many signs up to guide them around this part of the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and I am delighted to read that you would stay again.
Woodford
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed at Norton House for a long weekend and found extremely welcoming staff, well-appointed rooms, a great spa facility and good quality, well priced food.

The hotel is situated outside Edinburgh but close to the airport but don’t let that put you off a stay here as it is easy to either get the bus or a taxi to the centre.

The overriding advantage this hotel has over other hotels I have stayed in at a similar price range is the quality of the staff. They went out of their way to help, booking taxis, giving advice on the local area.

Another nice touch is the complimentary milk and bottled water. It seems such an easy and small thing to do and yet hardly any hotels I have stayed in do this. This typifies the attitude at the hotel where they are only too pleased to go out of their way to help. All in all, a great place for a short break to Edinburgh

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room for the size for a small price
1 Thank SplusL
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for posting a super review on Trip advisor following your recent weekend break. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. It is very encouraging to hear that you found the team extremely welcoming and how they went out of their way to assist; they will be thrilled to read your feedback. I do appreciate your comments regarding our complimentary fresh milk and bottled water; it is nice that these touches are recognised by our guests. I do look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa very soon.
Glasgow
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Booked afternoon tea at the Norton as a wee treat for my friend who is about to have a baby. Six of us plus my 3 month old. I arrived first and was struggling out of my car with pram and baby present. The concierge saw me from the window and immediately came out to help. Shown into drawing room where afternoon tea was set up. We had it all to ourselves. Great selection of teas, food was lovely and amazing service everyone was so friendly. I've stayed in the Norton twice as well as attended the Christmas function and it has always been excellent. Afternoon tea was no exception. Thanks for a lovely day!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to Norton House. I am delighted that you had a lovely day and that you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience. The drawing room is a fantastic and popular location for enjoying a relaxing occasion with friends and family and I am pleased the food and service matched the surroundings. It is really pleasing to read that your previous visits have all been excellent and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.