“Fantastic weekend retreat!”

Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Ranked #44 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Fantastic weekend retreat!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We came to Edinburgh to do some sightseeing and enjoyed a fabulous stay at this wonderful hotel with very pleasant and friendly staff.
We booked the 'Edinburgh Suit' an amazing room surrounded by glass floor to ceiling windows.. A pleasure to wake up to such beautiful light and airy ambiance. The bed was one of the best we have slept in, so comfortable! I would thoroughly recommend choosing this room.
The hotel has excellent spa and leisure facilities which we enjoyed after checking out, prior to our flight home.
Breakfast was delicious with plenty to choose from.
Although the hotel is out of the centre of Edinburgh.. Taxis and buses are all very easy and convenient to use.
All in all a brilliant stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay at Norton House and for recommending us as a venue for future guests. I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you had a fantastic weekend away. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.
Chris Monks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Paris, France
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel and rooms are in English/Scottish style, but brought into the modern age. Very clean and luxurious. The bar is really cosy and the breakfast was excellent. Keep in mind we paid 150 EUR, which is a really good price.
The hotel is not in walking distance to central Edinburgh!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room clean and luxurious. It is also great to read that your breakfast was excellent and that you found our bar cosy. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa in the future
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

What an amazing stay, fab spa with child friendly 'splash times'. First class food and duplex room space was great with balcony. The best fun was for the kids in the grounds of the hotel collecting 'conkers!'

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with the family. I am delighted that you had an amazing stay and that you found the food first class. I am pleased that you utilised the space in the duplex room and I am sure the children will have enjoyed having their own bathroom. The grounds at Norton House are full of ‘Conkers’ at this time of year and it is fantastic that your children had so much fun collecting them. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Attended a wedding here on 19/10/13 a lovely very stylish affair. However extremely overpriced I paid £32.50 for a bottle of rose and a coca cola, I was so embarrassed standing with my £30 and had to ask my friends husband to give me the rest. I have attended some classy places in my time but none as overpriced as this no need. Not even a smile from the bar staff so I'm guessing there wages are not reflected in the overinflated prices they charge won't be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting a review following the wedding you attended in our Garden Suite. I am pleased that you found the wedding lovely and that you found it to be a stylish affair. With regard to your feedback on prices; I can assure you that, whilst we are not cheap, I do believe that our pricing is competitive against similar quality of establishments locally. We constantly monitor our competitor’s prices to ensure that our prices are fair and I am confident that this is the case just now.
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and were really impressed by the personal touch given by the staff, we were shown to our room, and the small things like Maisie the cat who is your do not disturb sign if you put her outside the door was so unusual. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was amazing with a TV at the end of the bath. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: go for an executive room, it is worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review following your stay at Norton House. I am delighted that you enjoyed the executive room and that you appreciated the personal touches given by the team. Maisie is very popular with our guests and having a cat as a do not disturb sign has always been well received. It is great to read that you will definitely return and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

By far our favorite place that we stayed on our trip. We were stressed out from various events out of our control, but the minute we started up the private drive we felt better. We loved seeing the guard house at the beginning, the drive with all of the acreage was beautiful, the girl at the front desk was very kind and helpful, our room was incredible, the bathroom was amazing, and we couldn't have asked for anything better. Dinner was a bit pricy but to be expected for the quality of the hotel and restaurant. We didn't get a chance to go to the spa, sadly, but if we ever get back, there is no doubt we'll come back here. The "do not disturb" kitten was adorable too. :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on Trip advisor. I am pleased to read that you found your room incredible and the bathroom amazing. It is a shame that you did not get a chance to use the spa during your stay as I am sure some relaxing treatments would have reduced your stress levels even more. I am delighted that we were your favourite hotel that you stayed in during your trip and it is great that if you ever get the chance; you would come back and visit us. Thank you again for your feedback.
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We were using a voucher kindly given to us. Can take afternoon tea at any time of the afternoon and booking was a simple phone call. The staff did their best to meet special dietary requirements and the spread and presentation were excellent with a lovely selection and more than we could eat at the time. This wasn't a problem as the waiter willingly made us up a parcel of the leftovers to take home. Nice peaceful environment and outlook and we would do it again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katbell
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review following your recent visit. I am delighted that you found the food excellent and that our staff were able to look after your dietary requirements. Afternoon Tea is very popular at Norton House and it is great to see you will come again and repeat the experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.