“Service with a genuine smile!!”

Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Ranked #39 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

The purpose of my visit was two fold. To enjoy a 4 night relaxed stay but more importantly to propose to my partner. The staff at Norton House could not have been more helpful.
I spoke with the reservations manager and she was very helpful and really made me feel I had chosen the right place(which is her job but she was right). The staff on reception were extremely helpful and totally understand the importance of customer service. They were all eager to know what my partner said and were genuinely pleased for us!!
The spa was a great place to go and relaxed. The staff are extremely friendly and we could not have asked for more again.
One thing that stood out for me was my last minute request for non alcoholic champagne. I spoke to a gentleman who may have been a senior manager to make my request and his answer was "if I don't have it here I will certainly go out and buy it for you sir" This in my opinion is what sets an average hotel apart from the more superior and service orientated.
I am a Senior manager in a Luxury hotel myself so completely understand the importance of service. Norton House have it spot on. Thank you to ALL the staff for a wonderful experience and hopefully see you for our Anniversary celebrations. Rahim

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChelseaFC23
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

I very much appreciate you posting a review following your four night stay at Norton House. I am pleased that you had a wonderful experience and that all your plans for the proposal went so well. With that in mind please let me congratulate you and your partner on your engagement. The team were all delighted with your announcement and they were all genuinely excited to hear the happy news and play a part in the memorable occasion. I was the gentleman to whom you requested the non alcoholic champagne from and I too take great pleasure that I played a part in your special day. I do hope you return to celebrate your anniversary and thank you again for your feedback
Chris Monks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We visited norton on a Sunday night deal which included a three course dinner, B and B, complimentary afternoon tea and full use of facilities. This was great value for money, very very relaxing and the spa is fabulous. Very quiet which was just what we were looking for, room was lovely and staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Upgrade if available, we got an executive room for only fifteen pounds extra, well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for providing feedback following your stay at Norton House Hotel & Spa. I am delighted that you had a relaxing time and that you found the staff lovely. It is great that you took advantage of our Sunday night offer and found it great value for money. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We booked for one night with dinner and a spa treament. The hotel is lovely and staff were great, couldn't fault any of them for helpfulness and great service. We had an executive room in the new wing adn it was lovely, well decorated and spotless.
The spa was the best I had been to, I was looked after from start to finish and loved the atmosphere, decoration and overall feel of the spa, would go back.
The dinner was well cooked, all 3 courses we each had, bit pricey but again so worth it. My only critisism would be the prices in bar, £13.90 for a large glass of average white wine is way too much..A bottle at dinner was £40!
I didnt think the breakfast was up to much, in fact pretty disappointing considering the beautiful meal we had at dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for the new extension, rooms are lovely and upgrade to Executive if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for posting feedback following your stay at Norton House Hotel & Spa.
I am delighted you found the executive room lovely and your comments regarding the service from our team are very much appreciated. Our wine selection is researched extensively and the prices do vary. Wines by the glass range from £4.00 for a 125ml glass and £8.00 for a 250ml, however if a better quality wine is selected then prices will rise accordingly. It is great that you had a beautiful meal at dinner but disappointing to read that you did not enjoy breakfast. Please accept my apology that breakfast did not meet your expectations. Negative feedback regarding breakfast is rare however I will discuss your experience with the Food & Beverage Manager to review with the team. It is fantastic that you loved our Spa and that you would return in the future. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The location is good if you want to stay outside Edinburgh, it's opposite the airport and only a 20 minute drive into the city centre. We were booked into an Executive room which is not in the Manor house but in the new wing next to the spa. The room has a balcony but faces out on to the car park.

Room Tip: Don't choose the Executive rooms - they have a balcony and face the car park by the spa.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Norton House. Whilst we do receive many compliments about the executive rooms; I am sorry that they did not meet your expectations. It is fair to say that these rooms overlook the car park but the car park is set in a wooded area and we have invested a lot of money in landscaping this area. I agree that our location is good if you want to stay just outside the city and I am pleased you liked our spa. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We came to Edinburgh to do some sightseeing and enjoyed a fabulous stay at this wonderful hotel with very pleasant and friendly staff.
We booked the 'Edinburgh Suit' an amazing room surrounded by glass floor to ceiling windows.. A pleasure to wake up to such beautiful light and airy ambiance. The bed was one of the best we have slept in, so comfortable! I would thoroughly recommend choosing this room.
The hotel has excellent spa and leisure facilities which we enjoyed after checking out, prior to our flight home.
Breakfast was delicious with plenty to choose from.
Although the hotel is out of the centre of Edinburgh.. Taxis and buses are all very easy and convenient to use.
All in all a brilliant stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay at Norton House and for recommending us as a venue for future guests. I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you had a fantastic weekend away. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel and rooms are in English/Scottish style, but brought into the modern age. Very clean and luxurious. The bar is really cosy and the breakfast was excellent. Keep in mind we paid 150 EUR, which is a really good price.
The hotel is not in walking distance to central Edinburgh!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room clean and luxurious. It is also great to read that your breakfast was excellent and that you found our bar cosy. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa in the future

Reviewed 20 October 2013

What an amazing stay, fab spa with child friendly 'splash times'. First class food and duplex room space was great with balcony. The best fun was for the kids in the grounds of the hotel collecting 'conkers!'

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with the family. I am delighted that you had an amazing stay and that you found the food first class. I am pleased that you utilised the space in the duplex room and I am sure the children will have enjoyed having their own bathroom. The grounds at Norton House are full of ‘Conkers’ at this time of year and it is fantastic that your children had so much fun collecting them. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.