We came for two nights and ended up staying three. ! In fact we could have stayed here for even longer!
It's a lovely hotel in a very convenient quiet setting. Out of town but near enough to get to Edinburgh City Centre by bus or by taxi.
Couldn't fault any of the staff, but special mention has to go to Piers on reception and Sandor in
The restaurant was excellent. We had the 9 course taster menu with superb matched wines!
Faultless service and yes Sandor does describe every dish, as he should, and his enthusiasm for the food and wines was wonderful. It really is a beautiful, small, romantic little restaurant. The chef is top notch and we have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants before and thought this little gem was better!
There was a wedding on two of the nights we stayed and when you check in your heart sinks a little as sometimes they can be intrusive for couples who want a quiet break. But in all honesty we barely noticed and it didn't detract at all from our quiet enjoyment. We sat in the lounge area after our fabulous dinner and you only heard the music from the disco when the door was opened as people came and went. Other than that the room seems well sound proofed.
We had a room in the main building at the front of the hotel and never heard a sound of car engines or noise of any description, and we had the window open slightly!
The room was beautifully decorated, warm, clean and comfortable. What more can you ask for?
My husband used the spa and swimming pool and thoroughly enjoyed it. The pool is lovely.
Breakfast was varied and plentiful, the haggis was the best I've tasted!
But at the end of the day, what really makes a hotel that extra bit special is the staff.
Every single one was helpful, attentive, polite, friendly and made us feel really welcome!
So well done Norton House, we have stayed in nearly every Hand Picked Hotel there is now, and this is the Jewel in the Crown! Can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland