Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Orbitz.com
US$332
US$210
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

US$108
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$129
US$125
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$116
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$273
US$249
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$242
US$133
US$121
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

US$185
US$167
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

1,548 results
All reviewsushers restaurantexperience showerkingdom suitehandpicked hotelsexecutive roomnew wingbrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitieslarge tv
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We needed a hotel prior to an early morning airport departure so we chose the Norton House. It was a Sunday night and it was obvious that the hotel wasn't busy so I was shocked at the level of service. The staff didn't really seem to care about us at all. We were given a room right over the main entry and could hear people coming and going throughout the evening. There was an odd smell in the room when we first got there (there was some sort of perfume mister on the desk as you can see in the pictures) that was removed while we went out to get our bags. The hair dryer was one of those ones you would see in hotels in the 1980s that was attached to a base in a desk drawer.

We had skipped lunch and had been driving for most of the day so we wanted an early dinner and went to the bar and restaurant. There were 3 waitresses and 1 bartender that we could see but they said that no one could help us at that point nor could they make us a dinner reservation so we had to leave the property to find something to eat.

At one point, I went to the main level to print our boarding passes and the printer was out of ink. The front desk person just told me to shake the ink cartridge rather than coming over to help or get a new one.

The setting was very nice, especially for an airport hotel so that helps to redeem the hotel a bit however I don't know that I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GuyAndGalOnTheMove
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for posting a review of Norton House Hotel and Spa following your recent stay. It is great that you liked the hotels setting however I was sorry to read about the issues you experienced. We do not profess to get it right all of the time but when we do get it wrong I would fully expect my team to react in a friendly and efficient way. Please accept my apology that these issues occurred during your stay. I do hope that in the future you may give us a chance to redeem ourselves. Meantime, thank you again for your constructive criticism.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

My cousin, her husband, 2 kids and I had our Xmas lunch at Norton House today. The service was fantastic - the staff were very attentive but not in your face. The food was amazing - lots of choice, good quality and as much as you like. The atmosphere was perfect - lots of families and friends enjoying their Xmas lunch! Highly recommended for next year.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for posting such a great review following your visit for lunch on Christmas Day
I am delighted that you had such a great time and that you found all the staff attentive and the food amazing. The atmosphere on Christmas day was fantastic and I don’t know who enjoyed Santa’s visit more the children or the adults. I appreciate you recommending us as the venue for next years Christmas Luncheon and look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House very soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Despite the hotel bursting at the seems with party goers, we had a great time using a the spa, having a fine meal and watching the lightning storm from one of the rooftop suites. Despite some staff warnings of having to wait at peak breakfast times, we got a table very promptly and then checked out without any fuss.

Great staff, value and company made for a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback following your recent stay. It is fantastic that you and your friends had a great time in the Spa and that you enjoyed your evening meal. Breakfast can get very busy at weekends and we always advise that if you would like a more leisurely experience to avoid peak times. I am delighted that you were served breakfast promptly and you were able to check out smoothly. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have used Norton House for various business and leisure activities over last few years. It is convenient to the airport but seems like it is a world away in terms of setting. Staff are always first class and quality of amenities unbeatable for the cost.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a review following your business trip in December. I am delighted to read that this was not your first visit and that you have stayed here on business and leisure many times over the last few years. It is great to read that you always find the staff first class and that you find our facilities value for money. I do hope to welcome you back to Norton House in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at this beautiful hotel for one evening with my friend Danna in the outstanding edinburgh suite , the room itself was outstanding with amazing full room views with the floor to ceiling windows and the wrap around balcony . The bathroom was also outstanding with the huge bath with a built in tv and amazing underfloor heating small details like this really make a hotel special , the whole ambience of the hotel is beautiful very old worldy in reception , and the good was amazing I had duck egg to start which was perfection and the risotto for main although too much for me I still ate as much as I could , for dessert I recommend the brownie with cherry ice cream the contrasting tastes are a flavour explosion on your tongue . Finally the spa was perfect , the hydrotherapy pool was idyllic and shower was like anything I ever seen , I will 100% return to hotel as staff and setting and exactly what you look for when away for a break .

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review following your recent break at our hotel. I was delighted to read your positive comments and I will ensure that this feedback is passed to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa in the very near future.