“Lovely hotel and excellent food”

Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Ranked #41 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel was like a home from home. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. We had the Crammond Suite with amazing views across to Edinburgh. We ate in the Brasserie - the fish and chips were amazing! As usual with Handpicked Hotels, the food was excellent and good value but the price of drinks is too high.

Room Tip: The Crammond Suite was lovely and afforded wonderful views across the parkland to Edinburgh and Arth...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted that you liked the Cramond suite and it is great to read that you found the Fish & Chips in the Brasserie amazing. I do hope we see you at Norton House again in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Just returned from a great romantic night away at the Norton house. The hotel & room was gorgeous, spa was good fun, definitely recommend using the swimming/steam room etc. really nice & chilled out. Have to say the food was amazing the chef catered so well for me - being celliac- altered parts of the usual menu.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a great review following your romantic night away. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and it is great to read that you found the food amazing. I will speak to Graeme our Executive Chef and pass on your comments regarding your dietary requirements. He will be delighted that his team were able to play an important part in your overall experience. Thank you for recommending our Spa as a nice place to chill out and I do hope you can return to our hotel very soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My sister and I recently treated our mum to a spa break here, as a birthday present. We really had a lovely time. Our rooms were fantastic - the comfiest bed I have ever slept in. We enjoyed our time in the spa and our treatments were very good (facials, hot stone massages, manicures, pedicures). We had a lovely meal in the bistro in the evening, where my mum was presented with some lovely birthday chocolates by the waiter. Enjoyed the breakfast the next day too.

I would definitely like to return. The package we had (dinner, bed, breakfast, spa and £75 spa voucher) was good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for posting a lovely review of your Spa break with us at Norton House Hotel and Spa. I was so glad to read how much you enjoyed your visit and delighted that you found our beds to be the comfiest you have ever slept in. Our beds are all quality Handmade Hypnos beds and Hypnos has an amazing reputation for making the most comfortable of beds in the world. Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your mum’s birthday and I do hope you buy her the same present again next year.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Had an amazing Mothers Day Afternoon Tea here. Food was freshly prepared with lots of variety. Sandwiches were well presented, cakes and scones were fantastic. Unlimited tea and coffee with great service. This is second time we have been for Afternoon Tea and have also had a spa day here that was amazing too. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your Mothers Day Afternoon Tea experience. Afternoon tea is very popular at Norton House and it is great to see you will come again and repeat the experience. Thank you also for your great comments about our Spa they are very much appreciated.
Kind regards

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Was there for a friends wedding celebrations and it was a lovely venue. The staff were very nice, pleasant and engaging. Can't recall the member of staff's name that helped me make medals with coins, paper, tape and colouring in pencils :-D Excellent evening!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

I appreciate you posting a review after you attended a friends wedding celebration. I am delighted you found the venue lovely and that you had an excellent evening. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and I am sure they will take great encouragement when reading your review.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Spent 2 days at the hotel at a recent family weddiing. Great hotel and excellent location, however they really need to sort out the breakfast service . Was ushered to a table but after 10 minutes had to catch the waiting staff to take my order . At £15 per head you expect a better service

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Theoc15

I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to write a review following your stay for a family wedding. I am delighted you found our hotel and its location great. Please accept my apologies for the delay in service at breakfast. I have passed your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager to address with his team. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights at a cost of £278, which is why I have given the hotel 'average' rather than 'very good' as I consider it over priced. The room was so depressing ! it was painted grey as was most of the hotel and the furniture was black. Even the lamp shades were black and the light only shone from the top and bottom, how silly is that. It was also possible to hear what the couple in the next room were saying ! Thank goodness for ear plugs. The bed, however, was very comfortable with a quality mattress.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lagain

I am grateful for you taking the time to post a review following your two night stay. I was pleased to read that you found our Hypnos beds comfortable but disappointed and sorry that you did not like the décor in your room and around the hotel.