Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
US$230
US$156
US$214
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$206
US$190
Priceline
1,552 results
All reviewsushers restaurantexperience showerkingdom suitehandpicked hotelsexecutive roomnew wingbrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitieslarge tv
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Me and the wife were invited to this hotel to attend a friends wedding,we were arriving to attend the wedding straight from travelling therefore were hoping to get somewhere to change when we arrived even though check in was at 3.00.The staff were fantastic and pulled out all the stops so we got a early check in and had time to freshen up and get ready for the wedding.This alone warrented the 5 stars on its own so unless something went bad we were already very happy.Fortunately after that the room was superb including the bed which was very comfy and the room decor was fantastic,the staff throughout the day including the staff serving in the garden bar area were great and I had very friendly chat with the bar staff even though it was 12.30am and they had probably been on shift for a long time but didnt show it one bit.The food for the wedding was outstanding and the breakfast was also very nice,all in all I have no complaints about my stay and would quite happily stay here again but only if I was at a wedding because when we returned to the room we could hear clearly the music from the other wedding but this stopped near 1.00am so wasnt a problem for us as we had just arrived back ,if you wanted a slightly earlier night I am sure it may of been an issue.I am also sure if you were not with either wedding party you wouldnt of been located in these rooms so the issue may not arise.well done to all at the Norton it was a fantastic experience top marks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I very much appreciate you writing a review following your recent stay to attend a wedding. I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you found the whole experience fantastic. It is great that you were able to access your room before check in time on the day of the wedding. We cannot guarantee early access to bedrooms, but we endeavour to do our very best to accommodate all our guests wherever possible. Our Front of House team do allocate guests bedrooms dependant on functions they are attending, and these allocations play a big part in managing and controlling any noise that could affect our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back to Norton House in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business. I stayed in one of their standard rooms. It was very well furnished and equipped - even had a tv over the bath! I made a quick trip to the spa, which was nice and relaxing. My only disappointment was that I was here for work and couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for posting a review following your recent trip on business. I am delighted you liked your room and that you found it well furnished and equipped. The room you stayed in was one of our executive rooms as they are the rooms that have televisions over the bath. It is great that you had some time to visit the Spa and pleasing that you found the facilities nice and relaxing. I do hope to welcome you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Norton House twice during April and would certainly come again. On both occasions we booked an Executive Room and weren't disappointed. As expected the accommodation was in the "new" part of the building and was of a high standard. However, the room we had during our second stay was on the ground floor and the bathroom not quite as well equipped as before, when we had a separate shower cubicle. A minor inconvenience however.
Breakfasts were plentiful and well prepared with a good range of cereals, fruit and yoghurts.
I used the spa and was delighted with the beauty treatments. However I was somewhat surprised and taken aback by the unhelpfulness and sullenness of the receptionist on my first visit. This is the first person you see when you get to the bottom of the stairs so first impressions are important. It was clear that the young woman was on a personal telephone call and I was a major inconvenience. As I had an appointment, I politely asked where I should go and was impatiently pointed in the right direction. I commented on this when I filled in the 'feedback and comments' on check out. Such a shame as I would like to emphasise that the other staff in the Spa were really lovely and helpful as were the staff we dealt with on the Hotel's Reception. We did find the porter a bit overbearing though!
I should also like to thank Chris Monks again for being so helpful and ensuring I was reunited with my prescription sunglasses which I had inadvertently left in the room.
Some tips:
If you have mobility issues, make sure you request a room close to reception, restaurant, etc. Some of the rooms require a lengthy walk and/or use of two different lifts;
If you are staying in one of the Executive Rooms, make sure you find the side door which makes it only a small walk across to the Spa and saves you going back down through reception and round the building. Easier too, if you are in your bathrobe!
Yes, I would definitely return.

Room Tip: An Executive Room is definitely worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review following your two stays at our hotel in April. I am pleased that you found the Executive rooms to be of a high standard and that you and your husband enjoyed breakfast on both mornings. Whilst I am delighted that you found the team lovely and helpful, it was disappointing to read about your experience at the Spa reception during your first stay. This feedback was acted upon immediately when we received your completed online feedback form and action has been put in place to prevent a re-occurrence. Please accept my apologies for our shortcomings on this occasion. I am glad that I was able to return your sunglasses to you safely and it is fantastic that you will definitely return in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just back from an evening stay and very impressed with everything.

We stayed in the new part of the building and the room was fantastic. Massive big flat screen TV, a TV in the bathroom and the rest of the room all really nicely furnished. The room was a great size and also had a small balcony with double doors opening up to it.

We also loved the fact you got proper milk in the fridge so you could make yourself a cup of tea or coffee. The stuffed cat you could put out as a 'Do not Disturb' sign was also a great touch.

We dined in the restaurant at night and for breakfast. The evening meal was of a high standard and breakfast was to match. Lots of choice and a really great ambience.

We used the spa and again were very impressed with the facilities.

It was obvious that all the staff are highly trained in providing great customer service and nothing was too much. This was a particular highlight.

The only cons I have (and certainly not worth losing a star for) were the bed was only a double (when I am used to bigger at home) and the metal on the balcony was flaking, which would be easy to fix.

Great stay and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you were impressed with your experience and pleased that you liked your room. It is great to read that you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast and that you utilised the Spa and Health Club facilities. Your comments regarding the team are very much appreciated and I know they will all take great encouragement when reading your feedback. I take on board your comments regarding the paintwork on the balcony and I am pleased to say that as part of our ongoing investment into the property, a contract has just been approved to complete the redecoration of all external paintworks. Thank you again for your kind words and I do hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

another good treat, afternoon tea was lovely, great service, lovely sandwiches, light scones, and delicious cakes, in fact couldn't finish cakes, so had to take them home.... hmmmmmm.
we were seated at bay window of the drawing room, it was very smart, lovely hot day, beautiful setting, lovely gardens, we had been gardening all morning, so a nice way to spent an afternoon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to Norton House Hotel for Afternoon Tea. Your comments about both the quality of food and the great service from the team are very kind. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back In the not too distant future.