My husband booked this as a surprise for our wedding anniversary, we stayed sun 6th july. He had booked a junior suite, but on arrival our room was not ready but they offered to take our bags to room. When we came back from the car they had got us a room ready which was great but we were then offered to pay extra for an upgrade to the kingdom suite which we decided to do.
The suite was lovely, bigger than some 1 bedroom flats! It was beautifully decorated and had everything you could possibly want. It was very clean and so were all the public areas/spa facilities.. The surroundings were lovely and a great location as you felt like you were in the middle of nowhere, not near a city centre.
We had room service for dinner to make use of the dining room in the suite and then sat on massive balcony watching the sun set. We also got breakfast to the room and thought the £3 tray charge was excellent value. The food was excellent. I also loved the tilevision in the bathroom. The facilities on offer in this suite were fabulous.
We used the swimming pool etc and had relaxing few hours there chilling and having cocktails in the spa's bar. Again everyone was friendly and we really enjoyed our time here.
Every member of staff we encountered was lovely and friendly and I honestly cannot find a single fault for our stay. (well except we should of booked 2 nights!) We love a bit of luxury and good service but also like somewhere down to earth and not 'stuck up' and this ticked those boxes. We often stay at sandals royal plantation, in Jamaica and we thought nowhere would ever compare to it but this certainly does and even better is closer to home so can enjoy more!
We are already looking at a return visit and would recommend to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland