I booked this as a Christmas present for my mum as she had told me that she fancied going to a spa hotel.
I phoned the spa two weeks before our stay and left a message on the answer phone every day with my work, home and mobile numbers on it and never received a call back.
I contacted the reception who kept putting me back through to the answer machine. Eventually when I expressed my frustration to the receptionist she informed me that she only had the same number and their wasn't anything she could do!
I was informed that check in was 3pm and checkout was 11am and that was not for debate.
After another three phone calls I finally got through to the spa to be informed that there were no treatments left for the day of our stay however they could book us in at 4.30 pm on the day we left! When I pointed out that we had to check out at 11am I was told that wasn't a problem because we could leave our baggage at the spa! Not likely!
I was then told I could get a half hour appointment at 12.30 pm which I reluctantly took for my mum but when I told her of the problems she told me to cancel it.
I contacted the Travel Agent and expressed my displeasure and they were very concerned and offered to change the dates. I agreed to this but when she returned she informed me that I would be required to pay another £38 which I flatly refused and told her to refund my money.
The Travel Agent then told me that the third party company would charge me £23 for cancellation. I refused to pay the cancellation fee. So far, this issue is still unresolved. I WILL NEVER USE THIS HOTEL. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTENT
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland