My partner and myself stayed at the hotel for our first anniversary. It's set in gorgeous secluded gardens and the whole place had a nice peaceful atmosphere. We were staying in an Executive room which was very spacious and I loved the tilevision tv in the bathroom. The room was very clean, bed wasn't 100% comfortable (two single beds put together and u could feel the join in the middle) but I still managed to have a good sleep. There was a wedding going on the same day, but there was no noise at all from that.
The Spa was lovely and relaxing. I had a neck, back and shoulder massage followed by a facial and it was fantastic. The staff within the spa were very friendly and went out their way to make you feel like comfortable and you were allowed to smell the massage oils before they were used on you, to see what one you preferred.
The only bad thing I would say about our stay was that the waiter that showed us to our table in the Brasserie restaurant demanded we order a drink as we sat down and never even gave us time to look at the menu, which resulted in me ordering a drink that I really didn't want. (And at the cost of the alcohol, it was pretty ridiculous). The cost for wine was pretty ridiculous and the measures seem tiny incomparison to the cost (small glass starts at £5 and it is an extremely small glass).
Despite that, we did get breakfast in bed at no extra cost!!! I've never experienced that in another hotel before so for a couple wanting an extra half hour in bed, it was perfect!
Would recommend to other people and should be returning soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland