We booked our minimoon last minute as we can’t manage our Honeymoon until late September. We were just looking for a few days to relax after our wedding in July. It provided just that. The hotel was in an amazing location and our room lovely. The only issues we had during our break was one of the restaurant staff was very rude to us as he did not realise we were on a DBB package. He had added things onto a bill and got himself a little confused. He wouldn’t listen to what we were saying and became rather frustrated! Another member of staff tried to help explain where he had gone wrong, however this turned out to be wasted efforts as again the waiter would not listen to what was being said. A little inconvenient and embarrassing to be challenged by the waiting staff on our honeymoon, however it is not one you expect from a venue such as Norton House. The issue was so easily resolved the next day at reception, so why the attitude from the waiter? This had already tainted my experience and our Minimoon! Also the house keeping staff were not very particular, I had to fix the base sheets in the bed, they were all bunched up and quite uncomfortable. I don’t expect to remake my bed whilst staying in a hotel.
We would like to return in the future; hopefully the little issues will be ironed out in time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland