Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel
Hotels.com
US$150
US$113
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$272
The Place(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$117
  • Restaurant
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$79
  • Bar/Lounge
US$80
US$63
Agoda.com
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$246
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$130
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$78
  • Pool
1,189 results
All reviewscity centreno lifttraditional hotellovely hotelbus stopbus servicedouble roomhaggisgreat roomfamily roomstayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastprinces streetbraidedmorningsidereceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had a prepaid travel card & presented it when we checked. After getting home, we found out that they didn't deduct the units and charged our credit card. Unanswered email to the hotel. We have been trying to resolve this issue for 10 days. Room was small and bathroom floor was almost caved in near the shower. Not very happy now.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen J
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had a nice stay in this hotel. The hotel is of a high standard although the carpeting looks a bit tired at some locations. It is well situated on a hill a bit off centre with enough off road parking spaces. The beds sleep well and the rooms are spacious enough. The building is exciting with different stairs leading to unexpected places. Our daughters had a room with fantastic views over Edinburgh. Rooms were clean and bathrooms fitted well. Breakfast (cooked) was ok. Diner was lovely and of good standard. Service was friendly and professional. The hotel I would recommend to friends and certainly would go back to. The only negative I would like to tell was the receptionist conducting a telephone conversation about an unpaid bill from a business relation which was so loudly that I felt uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerard V
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at Braid Hills this week whilst in Edinburgh on business and was not disappointed. Just outside the city but with plenty of parking,and easy access to the city by bus - I read earlier reviews saying this took 50 minutes but i think the driver got lost - the journey took 25 minutes max!

The hotel sits on a hill and my room and the restaurant had fabulous views over the city. The newly decorated bar and restaurant are stylish and it's good to see this fabulous building being restored to it's former glory.

I tried the hotel restaurant and the food was of a very good standard. I'd also recommend The Buckstone Pub in the Hotel grounds - i don't think this is officially opened yet but hotel guests were offered the chance to dine 'pre-launch'.with a limited menu. Food was truly 5 star and i would certainly recommend you try it.

Hotel staff, particularly reception were very professional but with a friendly air that made my stay very relaxed and enjoyable.

I would certainly use this hotel again and look forward to seeing it's transformation.

Only one small criticism - bigger tea cups for breakfast so i don't have to keep refilling!.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jacob_van_Houdt
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel has refurbishment going on. Poorly decorated rooms, pokey small standard rooms, toilets something to be desired for. Sliding cupboard door falling off hinges. Wouldn't recommend this hotel at all. Made my first ever visit to Edinburgh very upsetting. Asked if I could get another room was told that 'they were fully booked'

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Farpat
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Booked a 3 night stay at this hotel,the price included bed and breakfast plus a free dinner on the first night.
This hotel is classed as 3star but I think it was more towards a 4 star,on arrival we were greeted by a very friendly young lady on reception who gave us a warm welcome,as the hotel doe,s not have a lift our cases were taken to our room for us although the stairs were easy for us to manage.Our room was very spacious and had a lovely en suite,the level of cleanliness was very high,the decor was also very impressive.If you stay at this hotel make sure you take advantage of the restaurant the food is really good without being overpriced, (try neeps haggis and tatties),breakfast is self service and is really good.
The staff were brilliant and always smiling and always tried to go the extra mile to help.
Summing up this hotel I must say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at,I am not one that is easily pleased but out of 10 I give this hotel 10.
would I stay there again the answer is most definatly YES.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple