“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #52 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Fabulous first stay in a Best Western. A friendly receptionist greeted us, this was the case for all the staff, who were all polite and couldn't do enough for you. We had a lovely room with great views over the city and the Firth of Forth. Facilities were excellent, the room and en suite were a great size. We hopped on a bus right outside the hotel, very easy trip into the centre of Edinburgh. We stayed 2 nights, breakfast was excellent and we ate in the Allemuir restaurant one evening, highly recommended! We will certainly be returning to this particular hotel and trying out other Best Westerns!

Room Tip: We had a room at front of hotel with a great view over city.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Braidhills, Manager at Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us and proud to hear that our team 'couldn't do enough' for you, we consider our staff to be an asset to the hotel and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

As a first time Best Western guest it is particularly encouraging to read that you intend on returning to the Braid Hills Hotel and trying out other Best Westerns based on your stay with us.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Best Western Braid Hills Hotel in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly next time you are planning a trip to Edinburgh and one of our team will be more than happy to assist you with you reservation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Turkish first
Ingbrirchworth, UK
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Booked this hotel as I ilke Best Western, plus the price was within the budget. Even in the dark, from the ouside it looks very Grand, once inside it looked and felt very Grand. The receptionist was very nice, taking my details, and putting me a larger room than one that had already been allocated to me.
I found the room with ease, going up a flight of stairs. Walking through the corridor was a pleasure, lookking at all the painings of various Scotish gentry.
The room was large, having a double + single bed, two easy chairs in the bay window, plus a large flat sceen TV on the wall. Pleanty of room to ove about, suit a small family if visiting Edinburgh.
I went for a walk to get some fresh air, on returning, I went into the bar, to get a coffee & brandy, again I could not fault the staff, very friendly & polite, I sat in the bar area, relaxing, could have stopped longer:)
Went back up to the room, had a long soak in the bath, wathced TV, then a good night sleep.
In the morning checked out, once again the staff were friendly and polite.
I would certainly recomend this hotel if and when visiting Edinburgh or just passing through..

Room Tip: Not sure about the other bedrooms, mine was on the side of the building, with a road under neath it...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would be happy to recommend our hotel.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our staff, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with a warm, friendly service and it is always great to hear that this is appreciated.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you are visiting Edinburgh.
Glasgow
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Nicely warm hotel - especially the welcome at reception.General impression of interiors is rather dated, but well maintained.Dining room service friendly and mostly efficient, but a little stretched at times.Overall a good experience and fair value for a 'mid class' hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 224/226 etc. facing over main road have a nice outlook.Traffic noise not an issue.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank john.semple2_123
Braidhills, Manager at Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
I am glad that you received a warm welcome from our staff during your recent stay with us.

We are undergoing an extensive refurbishment programme to bring the hotel up to date, this is an currently on going and we are looking forward to the completion of the works. I hope to welcome you back to the Best Western Braid Hills Hotel in the future.
Scottish Borders
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Spent 2 night here so that we could attend a wedding in Edinburgh. Good value for 2 nights B&B. Great views. Good (Scottish) service from staff. Buses to and from town at side of hotel. All you need for a comfortable short stay

Room Tip: Also excellent for parking so no need to take car into the centre of the town
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gala-galavanting
Thank you for taking the time to place a review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel on Friday 3rd January on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal which was very good value. We had a very comfortable room which was nice and warm, this was much appreciated as the weather that day in Edinburgh was severe. The hotel was very clean, the food was excellent and the location of the hotel beside a bus stop was very convenient. We arrived early before the room was available and left our luggage in a store room at reception, on returning to the hotel in the evening we found that our luggage had been placed in our room by hotel staff, I wish some other hotels provided this level of service. All the staff that we met without exception were great, Kirsty at reception being the first and last point of contact was a great ambassador for the hotel with her friendly welcome in English and in Gaelic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Uisdean R
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is always a pleasure to hear that we are delivering the level of service that prompts such comments.

It is much appreciated when our staff (and on the occasion Kirsty in particular) are recognised for their work and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you are in Edinburgh, hopefully the weather will be more favourable during your next visit.
New Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was fortunate enough to stumble across this hotel after being told by a so called better one from the same chain they had no room for one of the weeks I was working up in Edinburgh for. My gain. Great value for the grandeur of this lovely building, reception staff the most friendly and helpful I have had the pleasure to meet on my many travels (again so much better than the previous hotel I stayed at who just shrugged when I said they risked losing me for the rest of my 3 month stay in Edinburgh - which they did!). Free parking and plenty of it. Bus stop just outside the hotel grounds to take you straight into the town centre at £1.50 a trip. Views from all rooms I have stayed in have been lovely, food nice too. And as out of the city centre, quiet too. Work is being done at present to improve the function suite capability of the hotel and may explain some part of the almost too cheap value to the prices. I shall certainly be using this place every time I return to this wonderful city from now on be it business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris A
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found our staff to be friendly and I am thrilled to hear that you intend on returning when you are next in Edinburgh.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Best Western Braid Hills Hotel.