US$162
US$153
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

US$346
US$185
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$282/night.

US$125
US$107
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$235
US$197
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$283/night.

US$230
US$164
US$179
US$120
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

US$506
US$283
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$326/night.

Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)
US$132
US$121
Priceline
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$1,056
US$443
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$502/night.

2,626 results
All reviewsprinces streetscott monumentprivilege roomcastle viewwaverley stationexcellent locationchristmas marketbit datedsuperior roomcentral locationbuffet stylefew minutes walkhaggislovely roomshort breakroyal milejenners
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the Mercure Princes Street Hotel to escape Royal Ascot. Before I came up I was worried at what I would find as there had been a few recent bad reviews on TA. I need not have worried.

I arrived at the Hotel at about 11:30 and I optomistaly asked if the room was ready to be told that it was. I had room 658 on the 6th floor. The room has a communal balcony looking out to Princes Street and the Castle.

To get to the rooms using the lifts you have to use the room card.

The balcony can be accessed by a few rooms. After I went out the first time I found that I could not lock the door. When I went to reception to mention it the chap said “oh you have to push the handle up first” I explained to him that there were no signs in the room to say this, so how were the guests to know this. I got the feeling that he couldn't care less.

The room was nice and spacious. There was a nespresso machine as well a kettle in the room. The only thing I did not like was that there was only ONE power socket in the room. There was another by the television, but that had been taken out of service. There is also a fan in the room for the rare occasions when you need one. I also liked that I could get Classic FM on the television.

The hotels WiFi was fast.

At the moment there is no separate bar from the restaurant, when I mentioned this I was told this is because they are in the middle of a big refurbishment. This refurb did not affect my stay unlike other hotels I have stayed in the past.

Most of the staff that I met were friendly and helpful.

Will more than likely stay at the Mercure Princes Street Hotel again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel and taking the time to review us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Despite the overcharging mistake made whilst checking in (which was quickly resolved by a delightful duty manageress) I had a great overnight stay. Although the decor was dated, the room itself was clean and spacious and had everything I needed. The bed was so comfortable I was reluctant to get up in the morning even though I flying out on holiday later! The location was perfect for my needs and I already have another overnight stay booked for my next holiday in September.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
What a great review and we thank you for it. We are pleased that you enjoyed stay with us. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Edinburgh.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location is the best part of this hotel. On prices street which can be compared to the oxford street of London. Rooms are small and old. There are no charging points near the bed in the rooms facing the street. Some rooms have been renovated but they are the smaller ones and without any good view. The rooms in the front are old but have the best view of the castle and the princes street. Breakfast was very basic and monotonous. Reception is on the first floor. The 3 stars I have given only for the location.

Room Tip: best view rooms are the front facing rooms but the are old
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will share your comments with our team, I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is in a great location of Edinburgh however it is in need of refurbishment. The staff were vey helpful and it was easy to get to all the places of interest. It is central for shopping and cafes. The rooms are comfortable but the dining room needs an update/clean.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel. It is always helpful to receive feedback.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is a bit dated, but that was okay for my purposes. I had a big window with a view of the old citadel with the castle on the hill. I probably got lucky in getting such a great view, but if you want it request a room on one of the top floors facing the citadel. My room was standard, but there are upgrades available for an extra cost. The hotel is right downtown in the “newer” part of town, but in walking distance of the citadel, if you’re fit enough to walk up. Walking back down was easy. Breakfast was very nice, and the desk staff were pleasant and helpful. I would be glad to visit again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends