Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,237 results
All reviews princes street scott monument castle view waverley station christmas market excellent location superior room old town edinburgh city few minutes walk short break royal mile haggis jenners tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Located very conveniently on Princes Street. Across street from Scott memorial. There was a sidewalk sign advertising two for one tea for 19 pounds. The entrance to the restuarant is up elevator to second floor. My son and I had an amazing afternoon tea at a window table overlooking Princes Street. Menu items very reasonable fish and chips ordered by neighbouring table was more than adequate for arounf six pounds.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank KeptWoman
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We certainly hope to look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 1 September 2019 via mobile

Dirtiest and unfriendliest hotel we’ve ever visited, never again. Mould, smells awful, too expensive for zero service. Too loud, no fridge and minibar in rooms, no breakfast basic, no assistance from staff.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ProfReza

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I am sorry to hear that a we could not rectify any issues at the time of your stay. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will share your comments with our team, I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and
prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in the Superior Room and the only bad thing I can say is I wish our stay was longer than one night. The view from the balcony of our room was incredible and well worth the extra money. Will definitely be staying here again next time we come to Edinburgh.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank EllieB3093

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for this wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my wife and had a wonderful time.

The hotel is located right at the centre of Edinburgh, in the middle of a shopping area and is a close to all major visiting spots in Edinburgh.

Staff in the hotel are courteous and friendly. I was on a work trip combined with leisure and went to the hotel to drop my luggage and head for my business at 9 AM. The staff at the hotel were courteous enough to give me an early checkin, which is truly appreciated.

The room was average in size but was clean and well maintained. The linen in the room was clean and changed regularly.

Breakfast was good with a decent spread. The restaurant on the first floor offers wonderful views of the Scott monument on one side and the castle on the other.

The only downside was the bathroom which looked a little old but still was managed quite clean and well. That was the only negative during the stay.

Time taken to reach various places by walk

Waverley station - 4 mins
Edinburgh Castle - 8-9 mins
Scott monument - 2 mins just across the road
Bus stops - Many right in front
Princess street tram stop - 3 mins

Overall a very nice hotel close to the city centre

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 3vivekh

Dear Guest,

What a great review and we thank you for it. We are pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic location. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

Small but functional hotel room. Excellent location making it easy in the busy Fringe/Tattoo season. Rooms available with views of Edinburgh Castle (probably for extra $ but would be a great view). Kind and accommodating staff. GREAT buffet breakfast - gluten free options too including bread that they toast separately.

Trip type: Travelled with family