Hilton should be ashamed of themselves! I stay with various Hilton hotels for business, and have never encountered a problem until I stayed in this hotel!
Upon checking in I was advised that I had been checked into a single room. I asked for a double, but they apparently didn't have one available, but was assured that I had a very spacious single room, which was based in their annex (across the street).
If that is what Hilton considers to be a spacious room, then I dread to think what the less spacious rooms are like - you could barely move for the lack of space. The room was extremely hot, and without any air-conditioning it was very oppressive. Luckily for me the window had been left open, as there was no way I could see of being able to reach the window due to the desk being the length of the room across the window.
At 7pm I attempted to order room service. It took me over an hour to get anyone to take my order as the supposed 24 hour room service never answered the phone. After numerous calls to reception to complain I was eventually put through to a duty manager who took my order at 8.15pm!
Apart from not being able to sleep well due to the heat the bed was quite comfortable.
The next morning after finishing my shower I reached for the "fresh" bath towel only to discover that it was covered in pubic hairs and had creatures crawling through it. Needless to say I didn't use the towel.
I complained to the duty manager (the same one who had taken my food order the previous night), and all that he did was to apologise and say he would speak with room service and housekeeping. To be fair the hotel stay was being covered by my company, so he was a bit at odds with what to offer me in the way of compensation, but I did expect more from Hilton. The manager did offer to put a note on my Hilton Honours card so that I get a free upgrade next time I stay with them, but I have to say I will never be staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland