This is a very short walk from the Haymarket station and about 20-30 minutes from the castle/Golden Mile (downtown) so all in all not a bad location. Considering that it's a bit removed from things, though, we were disappointed with how small the rooms were. The bathrooms are very awkward, there are no safes in the rooms, no minibar and the heater didn't work in our room. The elevator isn't terrible practical, unless your room is right next to it, as there are stairs on the floors going up and down that you can't avoid so beware if you have lots of luggage. All in all, it is a quiet and clean hotel and the service was quite nice. As with most chain hotels, everything in the hotel was obscenely overpriced so plan on going out for breakfast, etc. There is a great little coffee shop on the corner and many pubs on the surrounding streets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland