“Great Location”

Ranked #118 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Bath
“Great Location”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The staff in this hotel are really lovely, they will do anything to meet your needs.
The location is great, my only concern was tthe size of the room. Compared to some of the other hotels I have stayed in the room seemed quiet small. Other than that a great hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank longwayfromhome80
, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you for taking time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I note your comment regarding room size; rooms in the hotel do vary in size due to the building being originally townhouses when built in 1860. Had we been made aware of this issue at the time of your stay we would have offered you a room move.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Francisco
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed here for our first night in Edinburgh. The staff was very friendly. We had coffee in the bar after our long flight and the staff was very attentive and wonderful. The room was a good size and very clean. The breakfast that we included with the cost of our stay was very good with a variety and good service. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Danielle W
Thank you for posting a review of the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would return in the future. The Hilton breakfast is always a hit with our guests and is a great start to anyone’s day!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Booked in for work paying a pricey amount for the room. Room tiny and in back of hotel. Windows badly fitting and draughty even in June. Door between room and corridor had 2 inch gap and light streaming through. Bathroom tiny and could have been much cleaner. Scaffold outside room window off putting. Carpet filthy. Was offered a change of room after I complained but this was in the annex on the other side of the road which has no facilities. For a hotel of this rating it's poor. The entrance and reception area are deceiving as to the actual quality. No complimentary water in room - a charge of a whopping £3.95 a bottle applies! Not good enough.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MMG106
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay here. Rooms in the hotel do vary in size due to the building originally being a series of townhouses when built in 1860. The hotel is currently in the second phase of a replacement window program, where all windows are being upgrade to double glazing from single glazing.

Our Hilton Honours members receive complimentary water in room as a benefit for all other guests this is chargeable.

The Townhouse annexe does not have dining facilities but we do offer 24 hour room service, the Townhouse had a full £1.3 million refurbishment on rooms and public areas and is stunning.

Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had an overnight stay in a Junior Suite inthis hotel in the newly refurbished annex across the street. The staff were extrememly curteous and very friendly. Even the kitchen staff and waiters were exceptional. Nothing was a problem. Would stay here again as we found it better than the Hilton Caledonian.

Room Tip: I would ask for a rom on the first floor.
1 Thank Neecie36
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad our staff took care of you. If staying in Edinburgh in the future please do visit us again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed June 2012 with my partner. This is a very decent hotel for your money. Room was average size but well furnished and decorated in a modern style. All the facilities you could need. The breakfast really was outstanding and the staff were really helpful and polite. The hotel is situated just a short 7 minute walk from Princess Street, Rose Street, Queen Street and all the usual top locations. Trust me, I am quick to criticise if I feel I have been ripped off so I am so pleased to be able to give this hotel a good review. For the price I doubt you will find better in the city so close to all the main star attractions.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Townhouse across the road from the main hotel. It was lovely and quiet.
1 Thank Gary W
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our breakfast is always a hit with our guests , I am glad that it did not disappoint!

London
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I've never stayed at a Hilton hotel so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was disappointed with the hotel as it was over-priced and the staff didn't seem to be professional, particularly with complaints and procedures.

I had booked two nights at The Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor; when I arrived I wasn't happy with the room. It was late April (Sorry for late review, but busy few months!) and there was a chill in the air and the window did not close properly. I informed a female receptionist who appeared at the time to be apologetic and said that the room would be looked into and she would move me to another room. When I arrived in my new room I realised I had left several items in my old room and found that the room had already been occupied! So much for the apology ...!

Also on my first night I had asked the bar staff to put a drink on the room bill. During the night I heard a rustling, turned my light on, and found a note shoved under the door stating that there was a problem with my bill and I urgently needed to come to reception. I did the next morning, found it was bizarrely that the drink hadn't been paid for. I complained to the receptionist, saying it really wasn't acceptable to be woken in the night for such a reason and that to send such a rude note in the first place was astonishing. So, even more bizarrely, I came back to my room later that day to find two fruit platters in the room with a note from the hotel manager apologising for me being stuck in the lift!

The room was very nicely furnished and the breakfast was generous with a wide range of items to choose from. On the Saturday night the interior communal lights were turned off for an hour for Earth Hour and this made the stay extra special ... the restaurant and bar was cosy.
However, this does not alter the rudeness displayed by the staff and their clear disinterest in putting guests first.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank thetraveller089
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am truly sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. I have taken onboard your comments regarding being woken by our Night team delivering your bill; i have discussed this with the Front Office Manager to ensure your comments are shared with her team and to highlight the impact this made to your stay.

I must assure you that the experience you encountered is not the usual standards of the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is not a modern building and so comes with all the charm and quirkiness of a period property.
We stayed in the townhouse part of he hotel on the second floor and the room was very nice, large and airy. Even with 2 small kids, we had plenty of room.
Check n staff were a bit offish, but the dining room staff and the gentleman on reception that sorted our dinner reservation were more than helpful, in fact the receptionist really went out of his way to make sure we got what we needed.
The dining staff were very friendly especially with the kids and made them feel very welcome.
A good enjoyable stay and will be back.
Yes the roadworks are a bit of a pain, but let's face it, not really the hotels fault is it.

Room Tip: Double deluxe was spacious and very nice room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am delighted that you found the quirky character of the hotel charming and I am glad our staff took care of you and your family.

If staying in Edinburgh in the future, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.