Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
US$129
US$125
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$128
Agoda.com
US$210
US$195
2,833 results
All reviewshaymarket stationdeluxe roomhigh ceilingscity centreprinces streettram stopbreakfast was excellentporridgehaggisroyal miletownhousecastlebusespubs
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The room was quite small and starting to fall apart - there was a piece of the headboard propped up which kept falling over! The room wasn't particularly clean, either - starting to show mould in the bathroom and hair in the plughole. I got a good deal on the room but if I had paid full price I would have been very disappointed.

On the other hand, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here for just the one night on business.

Great receptionists, clearly know their 'stuff' and were very polite.
I have a Diamond HHonors card which gets me a few extras, but here these disappointed.

The room was an upgraded one to a large top floor room, but it was pretty basic.
No fridge, very limited tea/coffee supplies, no bath robes, limited toiletries, no aircon, windows that could only be opened if you stood on a chair (doing so revealed peeling paintwork and bad windows!).
Jelly beans nice touch, but two tiny bottles of water were stingy.
Only two power plugs in the room is really olf-fashioned and should be easily remedies, but annoys.

All that pales into insignificance and wouldn't be cause for mention without the two major issues here...
1. The noise is unbearable. Building work and roadworks, started at 7.30 in the morning and were still going at 8 in the evening. The outside road is obviously the local hooligan's hang out as they were shouting and swearing all night till about 5am. (Don't take your small kid here, or they'll learn some very fruity language!)

and

2. The shower is simply pathetic. Water pressure is so low that if you hold the shower above your head then the flow simply stops. At shoulder height it's just a trickle. Make the mistake of using your one bottle of shampoo and you'll be there for ages washing the suds out (like I was !)

Breakfast is a bit of a scrum as the tables are far too close together so expect to get knocked. Food nice, though :)

Check out was impersonal and inefficient, with the gormless chap not even bothering to ask if I'd had a good stay. Saps all the energy out of you when people simple don't care either way.

Great potential. Hardly a 4* let alone the 5 it thinks it is.

Let's down the Hilton brand.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor - maybe the water pressure is lower in a lower floor. Avoid the front of the hotel as it overlooks the street with all the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. I have taken onboard your comments regarding room not having air conditioning or fridge; unfortunately we do not have either of these amenities in bedrooms and as such we do not advertise these as being available for guests, I am sorry for the disappointment caused.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the water pressure; we are in the process of upgrading our system to ensure uninterrupted supply to all guests.

I am sorry for disruption experienced due to road works; there are currently road works ongoing around Haymarket area, unfortunately theses are out with our control.

I have passed your feedback regarding your check out experience to our Front Office Manager to ensure there is no recurrence, all guest should be afforded the chance to feedback their stay experience, I am sorry this was not an option provided to yourself.

I do hope that despite this isolated incident, you feel able to continue to stay with Hilton in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Great location. Superb breakfast. Typically fantastic Hilton experience. Booked stay on Expedia for $70 CDN tax included. Because of the British Open rooms of similar quality we going for 2 - 5 times that amount. Will book again in 2015.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us – we look forward to welcoming your back in the future!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed for one night on Friday 12.07.13 to attend an evening function at the Caledonian Brewery - visitors centre and travelled by train to Haymarket (station). The hotel is located about 100 yards from the station entrance, so you do need to use a taxi . My stay was very enjoyable, check in and out was very quick and efficient. The room (120) had a bath and seperate shower. I returned with some friends who were not staying at this hotel and we had some drinks in the lobby bar until after 01:30. The bar was very busy and the staff coped well without too much of a wait to order more drinks when this was needed and the famous "Hilton" breakfast later in the morning was very good with a number of options available to suit most people.

Room Tip: The Restaurant is in the main hotel building. So ask for a room in this building as it is the hub of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Hilton breakfast certainly does set you up for the day.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

First off, the staff at this hotel were great.Evryone was helpful and very friendly. HOWEVER, there was one item that was absolutely unacceptable. When we arrived by car, at 8:30 PM we noticed there were open spaces in front of the hotel entrance. We went inside and booked our rooms and only after we had finished booking (9:05 pm) we were informed that this facillity did not have a parking facility. To make matters worse, we were given a half faded scribbled map showing a very detailed driving route that we had to take to go and park the car. After spending 15 minutes trying to find the "parking lot" we came upon a open gravel field. The area was completely unguarded and we had to pay (in coin) before we parked. In addition, we had only 24 hours and would have to come back and pay by coin again. After parking in a Sheraton hotel parking lot, we made our way back to the hotel and got back around 9:40pm. I had booked this hotel 3 months in advance, I had spoken with the hotel directly, I had reviewed the hotel web site and not once was i informed that I was on my own when it comes to parking....As with other hotels I have stayed in, this problem could have been avoided had the hotel implemented a parking service.....

Room Tip: check the rooms out first. This hotel has been forgotten by Hilton and many rooms have collapsing floors
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gjl1999
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience experienced with regards to parking. We do state on the front page of the website that there is no onsite parking facilities at the hotel. Grosvenor Street is also sign posted with parking instructions to ensure clarity. All our Front Office team do upon check in that the nearest parking facility is an NCP run car park located on Morrison Street, which is a five minute walk from the hotel. I am sorry for the frustration this caused you.