Overnight usually means the big brother, Waldorf Astoria, but with a few disagreements at the Waldorf, decided to book here instead. Check in staff very friendly and informative and you feel as though they actually mean have a nice stay etc. Rooms nice and clean, ours huge, but could do with a wee bit of upgrading as it is starting to show signs of wear and age. However, slept like a lamb. Bar staff very friendly and attentive, even when busy. Again though, as with the Waldorf, they don't serve Bacardi as rum? Not sure why as the rum of choice is, in my opinion, no where near as good. However, in comparison with other Hilton's, the bar staff immediately state that their rum is not Bacardi and do not either force it on you or just give you their alternative as if you wouldn't notice. However, minor annoyance but dealt with fairly. Breakfast the usual standard with friendly staff everywhere. So no real complaints about anything and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland