“Fine for overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor

Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
Ranked #119 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Jackson, Michigan
“Fine for overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed here for one night for an early morning flight next day from Edinburgh Turnhouse. I'd requested a quiet room above the ground floor, this was already done by the receptionist, who had put me in the quieter townhouse opposite the main hotel as there was a coach-load of rugby fans staying there for the 6 Nations.

Room was fine, Hilton quality with good shower and bathroom, though the door did jam into the toilet. Toiletries were good. Bed could have been better, felt old and saggy, didn't match the quality in the rest of the hotel, which was clearly newly-decorated, room lacked A/C to keep the room fresh this would have helped me get a better night's sleep. The room was well appointed though, with nice sheets and lighting.

Overall, nice stay. Quiet room, good staff, friendly and clean place to stay at an acceptable price-point.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank G-Kaplan59
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear G-Kaplan59

Many thanks for your review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly pass on your comments regarding the jamed door in the bathroom to our Maintenance team.

Thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best Wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

What an amazing welcome and relaxing experience.

Arrived at the Hilton after reading mixed reviews to be pleasantly surprised by the brilliant staff, especially Stuart.

We specified a spacious room as we had a wheelchair and we got exactly that, a well appointed room, clean, fresh and well equipped.

Breakfast buffet was very good with fine quality and plenty of selection of food.

Thank you to all that made our staying so relaxing, perfect.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darranjarvis
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 19 March 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that you were happy with the room that you were allocated and that you enjoyed the breakfast.

We have noted your feedback regarding Stuart and have put him forward for internal recognition.

We really appreciated your kind comments and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Carlisle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

A lovely hotel, with really friendly and helpful staff. Great location, within easy walking distance to the city centre. The breakfast is fantastic. Would we stop here again? Definitely! The only negative was the bed, but I believe they are doing all the rooms up, so this will no doubt be sorted out

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carlisleguy

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It’s great to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed the breakfast. I have shared your kind comments with the whole team at the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

We hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

The Grosvenor is a bit away from all the action in Edinburgh, thus it offer a quiet location. I was put up in the "town house" part of the hotel. Big room and impressive ceiling height. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and good service as you would expect from the Hilton chain. The price I paid was very competitive well worth the cab fare to the royal mile.

Stayed March 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased that you liked the room you were allocated in our Townhouse Building and found the service you received to meet your expectations.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Got upgrade from single to double room. They also listened to customers feedback with regards to free Wi-Fi and now you get the first hour for free which is just enough for me. When I did had a complaint about my room the second week this got handle very professionally and I received a better room when I got back. Breakfast is fantastic and the employees are helpful and friendly

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased that any issues you did have during your stay were rectified to meet your needs. I have shared your kind comments with the entire team at the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

We really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hotel is located less than 5 minutes by foot from the Haymarket station and only 15 minutes by foot to the city center. Very helpful and friendly staff. The rooms were a bit old and the floors made a lot of noise when you walked on them but overall it was good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am so pleased that you found our location to suit the needs of your stay and found our staff to be most helpful to you.

We really hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here for business for a total of 2.5 weeks. I never go for this long so decided to choose Hilton as this is one of the choices offered via the works travel agent.
The booking was for a single room but this got upgraded to a double room which was a really nice surprise.
The second week was for a single room, which I have no issues with at all as it was booked for such a room. Unfortunately the room and bathroom were very cold and the bathroom must have been next to the kitchen as it smelled like a deep fryer. When needing to work at night as well it would have been nice to be comfortably warm.
When I went to the reception and advised about the issues with this room and that it was the opposite of my experience the previous week the gentleman couldn't be more friend, helpful and apologetic and said he would see if he could place me in the same room as the previous week and do the same for the 3rd week.
And I was indeed put in the same room for the rest of the weeks that I was there.

Yes, the room had creaking floorboards but for me that gives the building and rooms a bit of charm.
And I slept better then I did in the last 4 months.

Often people complain but don't go to the reception. If you have an issue it is worth it to go and speak to someone.
I don't like complaining and if it had been for the one night and not for business it would not have been an issue at all for me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very pleased that the issues you experienced were rectified for you and you were allocated the original room again.

We really appreciate your kind comments and hope we can welcome you back in the future.