I needed a no frills overnight in Edinburgh because I was arriving late by train and leaving early in the morning and saw a very good price for a bed only at the Hilton Grovsner Street. As it turned out it was a very pleasant stay in the Town House which is across the road from the main hotel itself.
Looks like it has been recently refurbished but retains the town house feel and a lovely spacious room with a view out onto the street in the morning. Free wi-fi (being trialled here which is great since I do feel that paying for it in the normal Hilton should be a thing of the past) makes the stay complete and good friendly staff at the reception seemed happy to be there and receive guests. Highly recommended.
It's a short walk from the local scene and very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland