I was not sure about this hotel, but the rate was good so I checked it out. I had an upgrade to a deluxe room, and I believe that is what made the difference to the more mediocre reviews here.
The deluxe room was very spacious, and had a very nice English (Scottish) old school feel to it whilst modern. Breakfast service and food was excellent, and I found reception staf to be helpful and friendly. At the rate I paid (ca. £60) I have received excellent value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland