“Close to Haymarket station”

Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
Ranked #119 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
“Close to Haymarket station”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for a ladies weekend to celebrate a big birthday and the hotel was within walking distance of shops and restaurants. When we checked in we were informed that we had been allocated rooms in the Townhouse which was across the road which was rather a surprise as we were unaware that the hotel had another situation. Our rooms in the Townhouse were actually very nice and they were both spacious and recently updated so it turned out to be not an issue. We did,however have to go across to the main hotel if we wanted a full breakfast as only continental breakfast was served in the Townhouse. Again, it wasn't a real issue for us but it may have been if the weather has been bad.The staff were really lovely and chatty and looked after us well. Breakfast was excellent. I would go back but i would make sure that I knew where I was staying.

Room Tip: Room 154 is large and has a lovely walk in shower.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for you recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am pleased you found the hotel to your liking and will ensure this review is shared with the team at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Many thanks,

Ash Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a trip to Edinburgh for my birthday. The room was huge with a large bath and the most amazing power shower. Bed was comfy and rooms were warm. Staff were helpful and polite. Great stay, thanks to everyone at the Hilton!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jassumms
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Edinburgh Grovesnor.

We want to express our appreciation for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us.
We are happy that you enjoyed our amenities as well as our friendly staff.

We will look forward to giving you another enjoyable experience on your next visit at Hilton Edinburgh Grovesnor. You can count on us for consistent standards and customer service!

Regards,

Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for one night in this Hilton, as had been given a "Be My Guest" voucher by Hilton Hotels after a problem staying in one of their hotels in Sicily. The rack rate for this hotel was over £300 which seemed an awful lot. However the location is great and the room was large and very clean. It could be any Hilton hotel room in the world, but I suppose that is the point of staying there.

The beds were very comfortable although there was no bath, just a shower.

The breakfast was the best part of the hotel! Delicious food, and the buffet food had not been left for hours to congeal, but was fresh. They also had a chef there to make pancakes, waffles, eggs etc to order which was a nice touch.

Great location, but not sure it's worth £300 per night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nibbs007
Thank you very much for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location perfect for your needs.

I will ensure you review is shared with the team at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

i stayed in the single room in the townhouse and unfortunately, the bed mattress was extremely sunken. no matter how comfortable or high end other fixtures and fittings etc may be, I think the basic provision a hotel needs to fulfil is a great bed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Mira H
Thank you very much for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I would like to apologise that you did not find the mattress to your satisfaction.

We replace mattresses on a rolling basis, and also as and when required to do so.

Next time you book to stay here, please contact me directly and I will personally ensure the room you are allocated meets your satisfaction.

Ash Singh

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel is in an old building which gives it a charm- however the rooms are poorly appointed. The first room I was given had damp in the carpet, a bed that was lumpy, a bathroom that needed maintenance and the ambiance of a prison cell.

The second room, an upgrade executive double, was cold, this is summer, noisy, with poor beddings and stained carpets.

Unusually in a situation like this the staff are a redeeming factor, but not this time. The staff were reoccupied and inattentive.

Breakfast: my only meal in the hotel - the chief liked to leave his station to keep his customers waiting on their fired egg which he serves undercooked. The potato bread was soggy, the hash brown had no crunch, the bacon anaemic, the sausages a challenging chew and the black pudding was uneatable.

As a business hotel - avoid this place -

Room Tip: if you have to stay insist on an executive room and free internet that will help
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank TNTaway
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am very surprised to read the comments for breakfats food quality, we get great feedback for our breakfast offerings and food qualiity, however I apologise that you felt this was not the case.

I do hope you brought the issues you highlighted to the attention of the duty manager as this would have given us the opportunity to resolve them.

I do hope you decide to book again, and would be happy to assist you personally should this be the case

Wigan
Reviewed 26 June 2014

the hospitality was excellent and the staff were polite and friendly,
The food was delicious.my compliments to your chefs.
The room was a twin bedded room and very clean.
As I was on my own on works business it was very spacious.
only stayed one night but would return with my husband for a longer recreational break.

Within walking distance of Princess street and Edinburgh castle and Royal mile.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear david30Wigan,
Many thanks for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor. I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and will ensure your review is shared with the team who will be delighted to read it.
I do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Ash Singh(Deputy Manager)
Molde, Norway
Reviewed 22 June 2014

If a hotel is a part of the Hilton hotel Chain you have big expetions. The Grosvenor is a disapointment. The best first. The hotel is only a 2 minutes walk from the trainstation Haymarket. But there it stops. Stairs everywhere, carpet on the floor. The bathroom was not clean. And no extra service. I asked for an umbrella. Nope (It seemed like they had two...in Sunny Edinburgh). No adapter, but they told me to go to a kiosk to buy one. The breakfast was very poor. You had to wait ten minutes for a toast, and the alternatives was few. I also ordered a taxi to the airport, it did not came so I had to ask once more. And the price? I know hotels are expensive in Edinburgh but 149 punds per night, for this? Not again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fotballitalia
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel on tripadvisor.

Naturally, I am very disappointed to read your displeasure regarding your stay with us, tis review is certainly not the general perception of the hotel and I am sorry that is how you found it.

Ou team are renowned for their friendly welcome, which is highlighted on this site, and again I apologise you did not find this to be the case.

Can I ask that you contact me personally next time you wish to stay in the hotel and I will ensure that your stay is 100% to your expectation.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the property.
Kind Regards,