Having read some of the reviews, I was a little concerned to say the least!!
I arrived in Edinburgh around 12pm and was approached by a porter, I asked could they store my luggage as I could not check in until 3pm. He then spoke to the reception and they checked me in early without a fee.
I was housed in the Townhouse - which is across the road. My room was a very compact one bedroom room. As long as you are aware about this, then this is fine as for the price I paid it was reasonable value. If I has paid much more it would not have value.
The room was clean, reasonably recently decorated with stylish bathroom. The main drawbacks were - no safe (would expect this in 4* hotel), and wi fi in rooms is not free.
The breakfast was very good and was all the usual you would expect from a chain hotel with a few local twists e.g. haggis and tatties.
Part of the character is the age of the building, so it will creak!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland