“Very warm to sleep with no air conditioning”

Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
Ranked #119 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very warm to sleep with no air conditioning”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Friendly staff and clean rooms but it is July, and a warm one at that in Edinburgh, and no air conditioning on the 3rd floor was uncomfortable. Loved the location. Right near the Haymarket train station, walkable to the Edinburgh Castle and old and new part of the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Many thanks for your recent review about Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I really appreciate your comments regarding the qaulity of the team here, I will ensure they are made aware of them.

We have recently experienced an unusual warm spell of weather which has made the temperature of the rooms warmer than we would like. We have recently purchased better fans which are available for our guests to use. I apologise for this.

I do hope you decide to visit us again.

Best Wishes

Ash Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at the Hotel for one night got business, mid week. The room was booked on a bed and breakfast basis. The location of the hotel is central. Check-in was fast and efficient. Be warned the lifts are cosy to say the least...not sure how 5 people would fit in (although it states that they can). The room itself was clean and spacious. I ordered room service both for dinner and breakfast. Dinner was served in a timely manner and was accurate. The Creme Brulee I had was fantastic (definitely recommended!). My breakfast order was howeve slightly confused and no spoon delivered with the cereal. It seems to be the norm in large hotel chains that breakfast served in the room is thrown together!

In the morning I needed advice on taking a tram or a taxi and was extremely impressed with how helpful the receptionist was. Even ensuring I had the right change to pay at the tram stop.

I would stay again if travelling on business. It is not the type of hotel I would pick for leisure but that is purely because I prefer character boutique luxury hotels when travelling personally.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor for Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and will ensure your review is shared with the team who will be delighted to read it.
I do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for a special Birthday weekend and couldn't have been happier- great hotel! Stayed for a special Birthday weekend and couldn't have been happier- great hotel! Stayed for a special Birthday weekend and couldn't have been happier- great hotel! Stayed for a special Birthday weekend and couldn't have been happier- great hotel! Stayed for a special Birthday weekend and couldn't have been happier- great hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to express our appreciation for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. We are delighted that our hotel was able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable.
We are happy that you enjoyed our amenities as well as our friendly staff. Our passion for guest service helps us to aim for creating an unforgettable experience and we certainly appreciate your recognition.

We will look forward to giving you another enjoyable experience on your next visit. At Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor. You can count on us for consistent standards and customer service!

Regards,

Vivek Sharma
Herts
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Having read some of the reviews, I was a little concerned to say the least!!

I arrived in Edinburgh around 12pm and was approached by a porter, I asked could they store my luggage as I could not check in until 3pm. He then spoke to the reception and they checked me in early without a fee.

I was housed in the Townhouse - which is across the road. My room was a very compact one bedroom room. As long as you are aware about this, then this is fine as for the price I paid it was reasonable value. If I has paid much more it would not have value.

The room was clean, reasonably recently decorated with stylish bathroom. The main drawbacks were - no safe (would expect this in 4* hotel), and wi fi in rooms is not free.

The breakfast was very good and was all the usual you would expect from a chain hotel with a few local twists e.g. haggis and tatties.

Part of the character is the age of the building, so it will creak!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear TheHertsTraveller,

Thank you very much for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location perfect for your needs.
I will ensure you review is shared with the team at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best Regards,

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We decided to have a late break and booked on the same day as arrival,we checked in very quickly with the help of a friendly lady who also gave us a map of the city and reccomended places to go,when we got to our room things went downhill fairly quickly as window was hanging into room with timber beads to hold it in place stood next to it,room also covered in dust and nowhere to plug the kettle in without moving it to another area of room wich i thought very strange,back down to reception and offered another room and a drinks voucher as a sorry,new room was bigger and better and although this was a dated room we were happy,the staff couldnt doo enough to help us and were great,Breakfast was great as you would expect from the hilton brand name but i do think this needs looking into as it was a safety risk

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We sincerely appreciate you for taking out time to share your experience. Guest feedback through Trip Advisor is incredibly important to us and we are quite seriously taking all your comments into consideration as we endeavour to improve our on-property experience.

We hope that you would treat this experience of yours in isolation and would present us with another opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards

West Midlands
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed in the main hotel building for two nights. Location was fine albeit slightly on the edge of the main city centre. Room was large, clean and well equipped. Ordered room service breakfast both mornings which were delivered on time and were as expected. Only downside was the slightly strange aroma in the room as has been noted by other reviewers - faintly stale fishy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear AJWM41,

Thank you very much for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am pleased that your comments about the hotel were on the whole positive. I take on board your feedback regarding the smell in the room and currently working with the house keeping team to reslove it.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best Wishes

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We spent one night in this hotel and that is definitely enough. We paid to upgrade and were given a room where the windows were about 7 feet from the ground so could not see out. We were upgraded free if charge to the Town House across the road.
The room was large but very very basic. Furniture was cheap and nasty. No mini bar. Floor creaked Bed creaked. Asked for ice and still waiting.
Poor show for a Hilton hotel.

Stayed July 2014