Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
US$238
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$167
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$245
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$142
  • Pool
US$131
US$125
US$224
US$210
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$110
  • Bar/Lounge
US$146
US$139
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$154
2,814 results
All reviewshaymarket stationdeluxe roomhigh ceilingscity centreprinces streettram stopbreakfast was excellentporridgehaggisroyal miletownhousecastlebusespubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Adequate room, clean and fresh bedding but dusty shower and dado rails. In other aspects it was clean. Very hot weather but a fan was provided. The lighting was poor in the room and whilst it was bright in the bathroom it threw shadow when you stood at the mirror. Nevertheless it was good value at £69 and convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Rebecca E,

Thank you for your review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.
I am extremely concerned to read your review and I apologise that your night was not as comfortable as you would have wished.

We have a duty manager on shift 24 hours per day, and I hope you adressed your concerns through this channel. I can only assume that we were full and were unable to move you rooms.

Once again, I apologise that your stay with us was not as hoped, but I do hope you decide to retrun to allow us the opportunity to rectify this situation.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Of all my years staying in business hotels, this is the first time I've actually moved during a week's stay due to disliking the hotel.

Ended up here due to last minute travel and the festival being on - hadn't stayed for a year and now I remember why.

I don't want much in a hotel, a good night's sleep, decent internet and water in the room. I got the latter as a hilton gold but that's about it. The noise from the outside due to the single glazed windows is immense, was up at 6am with the bin lorry today. Roasting in the Edinburgh summer despite it not being too warm tonight.

Bathroom is really old, not even space to put down my washbag (they have to put the toiletries on the side of the bath) and they've adopted the standard cheapie hilton shower head to reduce the water flow.

If I was paying personally for this place I'd be really, really dissapointed knowing what I can get elsewhere in the city. They either need to refurb this place or shut it down - it's not acceptable as it is. And I've seen lots of hotels!

Room Tip: I guess not facing the street might help reduce the noise!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris H

Thank you very much for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I apologise that you found the quality of room not to your satisfaction. I am unsure if you requested to move rooms, but we do have a duty manager available 24 hours per day to assist with all guest queeries.

Again, I apologise that we did not meet your expectations and I do hope you decide to return in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was the worst Hilton experience we have ever had. The room was unbearably hot and had no effective cooling system. Hotel is overdue for a total refurbishment. The staff we came into contact with were all efficient and friendly. The breakfast experience was acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Annieevans

Dear Annieevans,

Thank you for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.
I apologise that you found the quality of room not to your satisfaction.
We have been experiencing unusually warm weather in Scotland these past 2 weeks, which has meant the bedrooms have been warmer than we would have liked. We have been providing fans to guest who require one which has helped the situation. I apologise the temperature is not what you had expected.

I do hope you decide to stay with us during your next trip to Edinburgh and thank you once again for the feedback.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived for one night business trip. My room is pleasant but very dusty in both the bedroom & bathroom. Deep old dust so it feels dirty. The tray with cups & kettle is also dusty and there are no teabags. Apart from the dust the bedding & bath look clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Blnora
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Blnora,

Many thanks for your recent review of Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I am extremely sorry about the shortfall in cleaniness of the bedroom I will adress this with the management team in the department, that has fallen short of our usual high standards.

I do hope you decide to stay with us on your next visit to Edinburgh

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I am actually writing this from the room. Having read several reviews on this hotel I was very wary, whenever we travel in the world we tend to stay at hilton hotels and usually the reviews are good.
I can say I am happily surprised we have been put up in the town house which is old and full of character. Yes it is warm and there is no air con, but they have supplied a fan it would be a shame to ruin the character of the hotel by making it to modern. The room is lovely and clean need a bit more storage the staff are really nice and helpful. The location is perfect far enough out of town to avoid hustle and bustle but only a 15 min walk if you want to visit the attraction. Haymarket railway station is less than 5 mins

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Really appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you at our hotel. Your satisfaction is of primary importance to us.
With renewed efforts and determination to succeed, we look forward to welcoming you at our hotel very soon. You can count on us for consistent standards and customer service!

Regards,