Like a previous review on TA, we also experienced the 'over the road' hotel. We booked the Hilton online and when we arrived we were sent over the road to the 'Grosvenor Club'.
These rooms are very old and not 4 star and not normal Hilton quality. Even when we asked the staff if the building we were staying in was 4 star, they admitted we weren't the first to question the quality of the rooms.
I would not stay here again, there are plenty of other better hotels in Edinburgh.
Good things we did in Edinburgh that we would recommend are free walking tour, day trip with Highland Experience and a tour of the underground vaults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland