I have stayed here several times so I suppose this speaks for itself. The hotel is in a great location and if you are lucky you can get a parking space for £6 per day. If not, there is subsidised parking at a nearby car park.
The room we had on this occasion was on the 6th floor and for some strange reason we could hear traffic noise throughout the night so if you need a decent kip ask for a quiet room.
I find the hotel bar a bit quiet but there is a Wetherspoons pub in a complex across the road, along with several restaurants.
I think the King James is good value for money and would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King James is located just off Edinburgh’s world-famous Princes Street, and a short walk from the Royal Mile. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, the Fringe or to see in the New Year, you’re guaranteed a warm Scottish welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King James, Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- King James By Thistle Edinburgh
- Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James Scotland